*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

you put a serious amount of trust in him. Hopefully you are right.

I don’t know any of his products, but I like him as a person and I share his philosophical ideology. Farther I highly respect his work attitude an his community engagement. If his products can keep up with his personality, what I’m convinced of, he definitely will gain my trust.

3 Likes

@BillGordon did you send over a 1.7 focbox?

If not,.the one thing I would change is the canbus chip, to the one that doesn’t blow itself up.

1 Like

It was 1.6, but we fix this already.

16 Likes

Dein Wort in Gottes Ohr. :grinning:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tech requests for Jeff from neoONE (Merged Topic)

Thanks for the recap, much needed. Is there an ETA on any of the 3?

1 Like

also calling @b264 Can you get us upto speed for the newer folks who never used the OG focbox. Anything we should be aware of?

2 Likes

I am down for 2x of the classic

There is a demand for dule look at flipsky they sell more dule than singles. Tho I would wait until thay have been tested by people and think about this as a later project

A small lake of tears. IMO duals have to be indestructable quality, which means more expensive, which is the opposite direction most current duals have taken.

3 Likes

I see the render looks like micro-usb. I know in a previous post you said you would be using USB-C. Just wondering if that is still the plan?

Great job, you make us froth at the mouth with all the information and development updates you give us!

I did like unity with the 1 MCU controlling the pwm of the motor and offsetting it compared to the 2nd motor grate idea for steadying the spikes on dule motor builds. That’s a big advantage over any single controller on dule set up

2 Likes

Dual would rule me straight out of here in my case cause I cannot drive two separate feet wireless with a single dual unit… And I don’t plan 4WD.

So I’m perfectly happy with the way it is going right now. :point_right:

7 Likes

yeah I’ll take 3-4 $69 OG focboxes!

3 Likes

Jeff has the quality of a $150-$250 ESC that hes selling at cost to us for $69-$120.

2 Likes

The unity is still in production, cloning it would be a dick move.

Secondly you don’t want this, trust me. The unity runs on a forked vesc firmware that is reliant on @Deodand supporting it, which if he says he will I firmly believe he will. But two separate esc’s from a supplier like Jeff is better in every way. No special fork to make it work, just good old fashioned stock vedder magic.

12 Likes

I know I am asking a lot but do you have a draft of the 20S esc? Just to see the form factor. This suspense is killing me :joy: searching for the little Esk8 dose to keep going (Esk8 addiction)

1 Like

It’s a rectangle and it’s under 1m x 1m in size.

You’re welcome.

15 Likes

Thanks a lot. Now I can sleep :grin:

3 Likes