Teamgee H20T Kickstarter

Teamgee is at it again.

tire profile makes no sense :wink:

2 Likes

Who are all of these people willing to jnvest so much money on these shit products? There has to be dozens of cheap boards up on kickstarter type sites. I just don’t get why people are willing to drop their hard earned money on a product that may or may not come to market let alone be good.

Ideally should be merged with the other thread - Strangely familiar yet airless rubber wheels

Teamgee is no new competitor on the market and the H20T is already done. I own one. It’s the same thing linke Backfire did with the Mini campagne. BTW it’s not much money. 400$ is very cheap for this board.

6 Likes

If it has wheels with holes, it’s gotta be good :rofl:

1 Like

So tell us about it. How much did you pay for the H20? Impressions of the board? Have you opened the battery compartment up (what cells do they use)?

So the key differentiator between the H20 and the H20T is the 103mm rubber tires vs. 90mm thane wheels, although for $40 extra you can thane as well.

1 Like

Nothing, since I’ve gotten the first prototype. It’s a very nice cruiser. They 10S3P 7,5Ah LG batteries. The board is not fast or aggressive. It’s very light and everything on it is nice balanced. The 105mm wheels are awesome for crossover all weather wheels. For sunny days on nice tarmac I prefer the sticky/carvy 90mm wheels. They look amazing btw. For 400$ it’s a steal. If you want high speed and high range, this board is not the right one for you. If you prefer a cool looking light and portable board, this might be the right choice. If you are from EU or especially Germany you can buy it soon on esk8nrw.de. The shop is still building up though.

4 Likes

Looks legit for the price. Replacing those rubber wheels though, you’re better off just buying two boards off the KS campaign!

1 Like

They have lost the appeal of the previous design switching away from the flat pack battery. I really liked the visual aesthetic of the H5 thinness.

Have never ridden one though.

7 Likes

Inevitably I find myself comparing this back to @BuildKitBoards single drive Tayto. $599 for that, and you can now get the 120mm cloud wheels for $110 as an add-on to the board purchase or $175 separately. Also, almost triple the power and real world range probably similar.

1 Like

4 Speed modes :wink:

2 Likes

You can’t compare a 50-80% more expensive belt drive skate of a niche manufacturer with the market leader of portable hub motor boards. I really like BKB but than go full spec and on a different customer audience.

1 Like

I guess the point I was trying to make, is in the long run, buying replacement wheel sets, you quickly recover the savings on TeamGee with the BKB option. And in my mind, wallet comparisons are fair, no matter the vendor. Obviously @BuildKitBoards is here for the long run.

TeamGee H20T $399 plus one replacement wheel set $299 = $698

BKB Tayto single $599 plus one replacement wheel set $175 = $774

…and the above TeamGee is KS pricing if you got in on the Super Early Bird.

1 Like

For me it makes no sense what you are saying. The H20T comes with free replacement wheels already. Not the Rubber wheels but free wheels though.

Edit: sorry they are 40$. But just because KS. I think they will come as standard on the non KS series.

1 Like

Well for one, you’re comparing KS vs regular pricing, and two what I was on about is if you actually ride your board and like wheels over 100mm, TeamGee isn’t the best option due to their horrendous $299 price on 105mm replacement sets, which is where BKB makes sense because by the second time you’ve changed wheels you’re in front money wise.

1 Like

This is a marketing exercise for sure. Their margin will barely cover recovery on these KS boards.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you are aware but you are comparing 4 regular wheels with 2 hub motors, 2 sleeve and 2 wheels. This makes no sense for me. No hate though.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’re aware, but they’re connected to electric motors in both examples, and the BKB also gives you more flexibility in terms of wheel options because Flywheel pulleys.

1 Like