TB110 72A : Wobbles

One way to specifically rule out the motor, have you tried rotating the non-wobbly wheel onto the motor?

1 Like

Yes, the non wobbly is on one motor. The low wobbly is on the other motor. The two wobbliest on the front axle, non motored.

Without any wheels the motors spin true at all speeds.

For sure thatā€™s the wheel imo- the bearing remains stationary as it spins while the wheel wobbles.

1 Like

Thanks Dexter, email sent to you 08/14/2020.

08/19/2020 Torqueboards responds to PM on this site mentioning not seeing my emails.

08/21/2020 They agreed to send replacement wheels if I pay $58 for shipping to Canada. Original express shipping was $56.

2 Likes

Have you put any weight on the board and then checked the bolts again? Sometimes a bit of weight helps to settle things / bed them in.

Which bolts are you referring to? Motors, axle, baseplates?

1 Like

Axle, being the only bolt you remove to get the wheels on.

Basically fit the wheels, stand on it and give it a manual push down the hallway, cinch down again, and do the final check.

Yup, The initial install I always tighten it only until there is no play and not any further. Everything loosens up on the first ride and has to be retightened. Then I do a check prior to each ride. I carry the T tool with me on long rides.

In this case it made no difference. Wobbles were consistent.

1 Like

That combined with the previous checks up in the thread is about all you can do from your end.

My TB 110 were also like that when I ordered them back when they sent out the first batch. I thought that was normal lolā€¦ I donā€™t think I feel anything while riding though. Although I did notice one thing while setting everything up. The spacer that goes between the two bearings on the wheel was just a tiny bit too large so that the bearings were not sitting flush ever so slightly. This caused weird noises while riding and probably contributed to the wobbling. I sanded the spacers down slightly and havent seen the wobble since.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. Posted the warranty claim outcome 8 posts above.

4 Likes

Mine definitely do this too. Seems to just be minor variances in the molding that cause it to not be completely flat around the ends of the wheel. Still rides totally fine. I just took them off my board or Iā€™d pop up a video. Itā€™s not the bearing seat or anything throwing off the alignment of the wheel. Itā€™s the wheel itself that isnā€™t flat.

1 Like

These TB110s have now chewed up two sets of pulleys on my Onewow DDs.

It appears that the pulley posts cannot go any deeper than about 8mm into the core. So over time they wear both the posts and the core, resulting in play that rattles when braking.

The wobbly wheels wore down the pulley posts. The non wobbly wheels did not.

5 Likes