eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Which version do you have? I print my own adapters for them.

I think one of the first gen, are printed ones a good option?

Post a pic… should be easy to tell. I printed mine in nylon and they’ve held up for miles and miles. I’m 250lbs and ride on garbage streets.

so i do have the first gen, I have just noticed that cloud wheels come in a variaty of core sizes, any inside on wich wheel to chose buying the adapters from Kenna? I imagine it’s the most standart ABEC core, but i don’t see any standart core cloudwheels, since they seem all to come with pulleys to put on corresponding boards?

Just an update bound now sell replacement DD motors @ 100 each…

I am grabbing some spares for my 2 DD boards.
1 Like

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have gone through two versions of kegel pulleys. The left one after about 400 km and the right about 1500 km. Both have more than one mm of play due to the wearing of the pins. Wheels TB110 72A wobbly.

These kegels are from a July 2020 Onewow purchase and a Sept replacement (for the one on the right). Outlined my build here

1 Like

Cable shrink over it :+1:

1 Like

It’s effective for about 20km before they disintegrate.

4 Likes

:rofl: yikes, uhhh maybe epoxy or silivone them in :rofl:

I was thinking that’s the next step.

1 Like

Not sure if the pulley is not flush with the wheel has any effect.

1 Like

You cannot slap them on a bit firmer? Seems like there is room

Mine never went on all the way. There was a slight gap just like that.

1 Like

Maybe you wanna check your wheel cores too, if the alu is worn like that im worried about the cores they go into.

This wear seems weird too, why does it wear so much if its tightly inyl there. Seems like there was slop at the top?

And you had no issues? What wheels were you running?

I kept the nut very tight on my second set of pulleys because I thought maybe that was the cause.

1 Like

Hi, I got boundmotor DD. and have same problem.
Can you give me the 3D printing files of this spacer ?

Hi, could you share the bolt pattern in this hub?
Thanks

1 Like

@pmg You can open the stl and check. I searched and can’t seem to find the original file. What I found looks like the image below and the bolt pattern for that is 29mm from center.

1 Like

That checks with my crude measurement :slight_smile:

1 Like