TB 110mm Wheels | Germany

On what truck? TB218, BN184, BN220 and ecal all allow support bearings

3 Likes

We’re speaking about my current Caliber II 184mm for this :confused:

No.

5niks

3 Likes

So with this particular truck the best option are press fit kegel pulleys, I heard you want to avoid bolt ons as much as possible.
Can you use pressfit kegels without their support bearing? :confused:

Yes. Some don’t come with them, some do.

1 Like

Not my guide, but you get the idea. To get the small round insert piece to fit, just shove a pair of needle node pliers into the gap and turn until its loose enough to fit on. Only a mm or so

If you use the caliber insert you may need to file it down, but dicky has been producing tb218 inserts for a while now so no filing is needed.

1 Like

Again, there is no need to file anything. While that is one way to solve the problem, it is unnecessary.

2 Likes

I don’t know of any press fit pulleys that don’t use a bearing. Well, there are the ones that share the same bearing that the wheel uses (not sure if those are available yet), so they don’t take up more space, but still :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah my bad.

Link please?

1 Like

I’ll say it again for the people in the back. The caliber insert will work with TB218, without filing. While the TB insert will help, it isn’t a necessity.

1 Like

Why not just get a BN220 hanger? You only need 1. I also sell kegel press fits cheaper than bolt ons from elsewhere

2 Likes

@Anubis
Good idea!
I would buy two though, just for optics - any reason to not get your BN V2 fixed straightaway as a full truck instead of just a hanger? I think I like dickyho’s revised kegel pulley more, but he doesn’t answer anymore for 5 days now :frowning:

I’ll have the new boardnamics kegel pulleys in (Super nice) and dickyho revised bolt on with the CNC retainer within about a couple weeks, maybe less time.
You can get full CNC trucks, if you already have the caliber baseplates it would be cheaper to drop hangers in but if not then you might aswell go full CNC as the baseplates don’t cost much at all.

1 Like

Rather Boardnamics or dickyho’s if you were to judge?
A full fixed cnc truck is 40 pounds, and the hanger itself too, right… ?

The £40 is probably for the adjustable baseplate only option

As far as press fits go the boardnamics ones are better, I have them in 40T and they’re modular. But the new dickyho bolt ons are the best bolt ons avalible imo

2 Likes

Alright, sweet!
I think I’ll wait for dickyho to reply and then will see

I use bkb press fit pulleys with calibers. Just have to reverse the nut.

3 Likes

same here. i shipped a VESC to someone in Poland and i have the exact same status. shipped from indiana, US.

it’s been 2 months and he didn’t get it

1 Like