TB 110mm Wheels | Germany

These will fit my regular caliber trucks right?

Standard kegel core, fit like any other wheel. Just can’t use a press fit pulley on standard caliber trucks.

1 Like

Ouh, why is that? :confused:
Is a support bearing needed for press fit which won’t fit normal axles?

Why was I even recommend the standard caliber II trucks…
Limit my motor size and the use of support bearings for my wheel pulleys…
Meh :confused:

1 Like

Press fit pulleys take an additional bearing to align them with the wheel. There’s no space on the axle for that bearing. Most esk8 trucks have longer axles that do support it though. (Except the new TB ones lol)

Honestly, in 2020 you should only be buying caliber trucks if you’re lightweight, or on a real budget. They bend under heavy riding, so I recommend getting something else.

2 Likes

Yup…
Will have to swap them at some point…
How much are the most budget extended trucks (2xx range, right?) you could recommend in terms of quality.
Need to have caliber like shape if possible.

And please no one come up and say I should use the search function and scroll through 1000 of off topic discussions and comments…

e-caliber :joy:

They bend even more I’ve been told though. I guess TB 218 trucks are the next cheapest, and they are better than calibers I believe. Proper CNC trucks start with Boardnamics 184s on the cheap end.

2 Likes

I heard dickyho’s mounts don’t fit them although they seem a very solid option…
Ouh man :confused::expressionless::sweat_smile:

Bolt on pulleys with no support bearing are always very wobbly and unstable right?
They also wear the parts out due to the forces being a lot more without a support bearing.

Soooo let’s get a new pair of trucks, probably new motor mount, just so that I can buy new wheels, ouh and new pulleys for higher gear ratio.
And done :slight_smile:

I’ll think twice about it I guess :roll_eyes::neutral_face:

Edit: they seem to fit after a bit of filing… Not very clean though… Would like to avoid that. Already had to do it on my caliber II and now I guess no one’s gonna want it.

2 Likes

Not if you align them juuuuuuust right :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I ment for not godlike precision level people

Now I’m kind of caught in between two knives…
Filing an expensive truck, or buying new motor mounts.
The pulleys Ill need to get anyway.
Hard life.

1 Like

Just keep putting them on and off until you can spin them on your truck and the wobble seems gone :laughing: and then only unscrew one bolt at a time to loctite them. No loctite / not well cured loctite / not enough loctite = your pulley comes loose while riding and it’s a BAD time.

Somehow managed to get groceries, then go back to the intersection and find all my bolts the one time it happened :smiley: Also it ruined my core a bit.

1 Like

So as a budget solution, and because I’ll need a new pulley anyway for Kegel style and new gear ratio, I can start by using it with bolt on, later switching to pressfit if I have to much money one day.
That seems okay!

1 Like

You can file the 184 down even more and expose more of the rod axle bar thing, right?
And make a diy extended axle that way?

I wouldn’t do that, since the axle threads into the hanger. Why do you need more? The 184s already have enough space for a wheel and push-fit pulley

2 Likes

Push fit = press fit?
Well but what about the support bearing?
I dont have one now with my abecs and it’s so fu*ky… Pulley rolls like an egg no matter how hard I try to make it perfectly centered.

This is false. They do fit.

3 Likes

@kalebludlow
Right?

Thanks for your help!

But no support bearing then, right?
@rusins
@kalebludlow

No. What are you filing down?

1 Like

Nothing atm.
Read somewhere that dickyho’s mounts fit tb218 after filing around a bit. :sweat_smile:
Would be happy to be proven wrong!
Somewhere else I now read you just have to loosen the “C screw”, basically the big clamp screw and it will fit well…

Yeah you don’t loosen that either. Let me find the guide I wrote on old forum

1 Like