Surfnacho's Esk8 Hubs for trampa, MBS, and TB AT, evolve, metroboard, un-trampa and all the derivatives | Berg and Kegel Core | 5 spoke design | Matching Pulleys

I’ve been working with Luuk on his hub design, but thought I would make a design of my own that will be a bit cheaper and accessible to a larger audience.

This is early stages of course, but just thought I’d ask the community if they think these look cool.

I’ll make the 50t kegel pulley as well probs

I would appreciate any feedback/comments

Thanks

14 Likes

Loving the 5 spoke design.

1 Like

Is the pulley integrated? Or am I just thuper thlowwww??

4 Likes

Also wondering this. I’m down for it

2 Likes

lol, yeah these look cool-o

I see a seam and a screw… but it could just be because all the cool kids have screws and seams in their rims nowadays

2 Likes

Good eye! Now looking back at the pick I feel sheepish for missing that. :confounded:

3 Likes

I had to look closely, I thought that seam was the end of the spoke.

@surfnacho
stop trying to make me broke. I already spent my kids lunch money on bergs. also, I don’t see a kegel core, I thought those were ones with little holes. what would the core be good for, besides looking cool :sunglasses:?

I love how the rim+pulley design leaves a lot of light to show through. it killed me to cover some five stars up with the damn aluminum pulley

2 Likes

Can you make a hub that will work with the berg hole pattern but will also work with 4" ID tires? Like if I had moon pulleys, but wanted to use an 8" tire…with your hub I could!

3 Likes

@Lionpuncher @jack.luis

Pulley is kinda integrated. Basically, if you want to use DD or another pulley, there is just standard back plate. If you want to use my pulley, the pulley’s lip works as the backplate. So yes it is integratedish. It will be more seamless and slick. This thing follows the “universal” design style.

3 Likes

Yeah lol, there is a kegel core, just covered by this pulley. I will add some more photos without the pulley.

I agree about the light shinning through. The pulley is made to match the spoke pattern, so you can show off the sweet spokes.

1 Like

Lol, I am totally down. I do not know any of the dimensions or specs, but I am happy to try to accomodate that.

1 Like

RIP, I totally forgot to include images without the pulley :man_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I can send you a berg or two is that helps

2 Likes

why may i ask is everyone still on the 6x2 hub wheel combo?

the tire choices are crappy, cheap, and limited…

4 Likes

Could not agree more! Cannwe please get something for the actual good tires on the market

4 Likes

if we could convince @Bavioze and @surfnacho to make these hubs to fit decent tires, and also make an offset hub option to widen the hubs/tires we’d have a winner…

6x2 berg and clever tires are crap

8 Likes

Preeeeach!!

2 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

@Skyart @kook

Look guys, I am down for anything. I love making stuff for the community. If someone has hubs, tires, etc. that I can use to measure and model, that would be great.

What tire specifically would you want to use?

Let’s get a poll or something going to gauge interest, if there is interest in something like this but for a different tire, lets do it!!

2 Likes

I’m gonna send you a berg hub and these 3 tires. They are bisicly all the same ID with very slight variations. The all fit trampa superstars, MBS Rockstar and TB AT hubs…we want you to make a hub that will support the berg mounting pattern

This 3 bolt pattern, but one that supports the wheels that require a 4" hub

4 Likes