Surfnacho's Esk8 Hubs for trampa, MBS, and TB AT, evolve, metroboard, un-trampa and all the derivatives | Berg and Kegel Core | 5 spoke design | Matching Pulleys

We might be able to do that after this round?

1 Like

Huh

I’ll just make my hubs support these.

Making the design i did for 4 inch tires of this round is succesful.

trampa, MBS, and TB AT, evolve, metroboard, un-trampa and all the derivatives, the hubs fit tires from 150mm to 8", and with the addition of machining an offset hub to widen the hubs 18ish mm you’d have a much larger tire base, and much larger customer base…

NOBODY make them… you see how fast the kaly widened hubs sell out and how much… but they are too wide for 150-160mm tires…

EDIT:

and make them fit 28mm OD bearings, then you can run them on 12-10-8(uggg) mm axles

3 Likes

Alright, the homie @Skyart is sending me a care package of parts for me to measure and model off.

The plan is to make a hub that fits

The plan is to use the berg mounting pattern, and I think I would like to also include the kegel pattern for DDs and stuff.

Probs gunna make my own pulleys as well that match the spoke design. What size pulleys would be optimal? 50, 60, 72?

3 Likes

Awesome

1 Like

YAS

and please oh please make an additional outer OFFSET hub half that is wider by ~18mm and the hubs use 28mm OD bearing

4 Likes

When you say offset, what are you referring to? Are you talking about the extra lip kinda like what the 5stars have?

And yes, will do 28mm OD bearings!

1 Like

i think he is talking about making one of the hub halves at 2 different widths, a standard with that will work with something like 200x50 mm tires and a hub half that is a bit wider for 200x75mm fatty tires

2 Likes

no… offset so the additional width overhangs outside the axle, but the bearing to bearing distance remains the same distance, so you could run these hubs on traditional axles and only the width of the hub and the tack width would increase…

know what I mean?

and I’d probably use more bolts to hold the hubs together than the berg 3 bolts, but that’s me…

4 Likes

Hmm, okay. Would an added lip serve the same purpose? IDK that might get weird.

I could do that if they were halves. But this hub is almost a one piece design, just with a plate on the end. Maybe there is a another solution?

1 Like

they do use more than the three to hold it together!

i personally dont care for a wide hub lol. so carry on brosif

2 Likes

everything in my mind works on 150-155-160mm tires widened 18mm but as a side benefit one could run bigger dia. tires 7"-8"

2 Likes

kewl

this is what scares me
:arrow_double_up: :eye: :arrow_double_up:

2 Likes

kind of like a fake beadlock… I’d been toying with a true beadlock design to make tire to rim slip negligable, but also make it possible to swap tires on a hub without removing the hub from the axle

2 Likes

Also if you want to gather more intetest, you should change the title to not the 6*2 but metroboard tires or whatever :stuck_out_tongue: since you switched sizes

3 Likes

thank you ^^

done

3 Likes

Welp. I guess if I buy these, no one in my family is getting holiday presents

3 Likes