Superbeast SL 21/22 & Freedom DRV Review (750miles/6months)

Damn so it’ll be overpriced, or at least more expensive than something manufactured elsewhere. Even if it’s not shipping will still suck for anyone outside of the states. I’d also question the quality of anything made in the states…

@tech.shit Get your gear made in Canada or China then.
I think your Canada, correct?

1 Like

Lol what’s wrong with stuff made in the states? :laughing: looool

Noble cause, will be hard producing unitys in the states, should be interesting to see how they are going to go about making motors and controllers here…it will be quite pricey if they do succeed with their cause

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

CORRECTION about the WD-40 recommendation. I swear I fact checked this (twice), but now I have a statement from the company.

“White lithium grease for inside, it does come in a spray, also by WD, which would coat more evenly if applying from the back plug hole. But the drive would come pre-greased, generally being regressed when checking wear by removing housing every 500 miles or so. WD 40 is for cleaning\lubing the V ring gaskets every other ride.”

I like Phil’s suggestion to use Lubriplate. I will pin a comment in the YT video

1 Like

Plastic gears go brrr

4 Likes

LOL yup, they do!

1 Like

Until they break

3 Likes

Go brrr…eak

5 Likes

why is nobody asking about the wheels, how much and they fit BN drives I hope.

They look just like the Janux kegel rims.

2 Likes

Hopefully they aren’t priced like the janaux rims lmao.

Bro, CNCing things in the US is not cheap :laughing: there are plenty of options for cheap China alu

5 Likes

Super interesting to see a gear drive with idler! Very cool. Solves a lot of tight spacing issues.

Is that an Evo deck or just a lookalike?

My only complaint is the groan-worthy branding. Freedom fries, freedom rallies, and freedom gears oh my.

3 Likes

It’s not an evo deck. As I understand it the company ran into some scalability issues with the deck manufacturer. Each deck has slight variations which makes matching the enclosure a bit too difficult.

I know they’re exploring other deck options now. Should be good stuff and produced in the USA.

RE branding doesn’t bother me. Plays to their mission to be a US builder and manufacturer. (Not to imply freedom still rings here.)

4 Likes

Where did you get that? Lmao.

1 Like

seems to have worked well for him lol

8 Likes

Backfire is australian no
?

Brother, backfire is THE mainstream chinese based brand out there. How you didnt know that, i am flabergasted.

1 Like

Because i was kidding