Summer 2021 E-Games of D.I.R.T

IDK, the last time I tried learning a trick I spent an hour practicing, and the next six days healing an overuse sprain :smiley:

8 Likes

but the first one to ‘reply’ get’s to post another trick right? so I think 2 weeks is good if we endup having to do like 3 tricks, Plus some of us have work and family so not alot of time compared to the youngster skate life you(we) used to have.

1 Like

Not sure about any past year, but S.K.A.T.E. is usually set a trick, everyone gives one try or just flings
there board like yah right and moves to the next trick. There is no praticing the set trick… its more trying new things and then maybe going back to them later to learn them. Or even learning them in the first go, since it was something new that you could actually do already but didnt even know.

I picture it more in that format but Im not here to make changes, just here to compete.
I still think 2 tricks a month is a long game even with 4 letters.

I get this but still think its more just a fun game of DIRT so why not just break away for 15 mins to try a trick and if you can land it then film it. Im not thinking fast pace in a stress way but faster pace in a laied back way.

5 Likes

@NullBlox

Also @JoeyZ5 you better get in on this!

and for forum algorithms:

DIRT
GAME OF DIRT
Dirt 2021
Dirt Game 2021
Game of Dirt
D.I.R.T.

5 Likes

I’ll try… I might need a lighter battery though :grimacing:

3 Likes

i got some 6s 1.05Ah packs you can rip :joy:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s some fantastic news I woke up to.
Thx @ApexBoards for supporting this!

5 Likes

All boards allowed, not only MTB as long as they do have two motors.
I hope nobody is doing a kickflip thou :joy:

2 Likes

Was that an official „I’m in“ ?

Let’s discuss this as I was thinking much about the two week per trick thing and we should decide together how best to make.
I know that for the official S.K.A.T.E competition you got only one try. That’s not possible in our case as… who should check that? :sweat_smile:
I also see the D.I.R.T competition more as motivation for people to lear new tricks instead of just showing off.
I for my own have barely time right now, during the week, so if I want to film something I would need to do so on the weekend.
I thought that other people with full time job will be in a similar position, so I chose the 2 weeks.
As we right now already 17 people and not only a hand full as expected, that could take really long with a two week per trick till we get a winner.
So maybe it makes sense to change that.

This poll is for participants only please.
What’s your opinion:

• One week is enough
  • Better two weeks

0 voters

3 Likes

Each new trick could be posted on a Sunday, then everyone has the work week + Saturday to create a video and practice.

7 Likes

I‘d say Wednesday to Wednesday would be maybe better in this case. That would give people two weekend days to practice and some evenings for editing if needed.

5 Likes

Awesome seeing so many E-mountainboarders participating! We will sponsor a prize!

May the odds be ever in your favor!

14 Likes

thanks to @ApexBoards and @SabreDynamics for supporting. Awesome. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Maybe we can figure something out like first second and third price orso

7 Likes

Awesome :ok_hand:

2 Likes

@Venom121212 what do you think, you could organize us some t-shirt prints if we can get a proper competition logo?

7 Likes

Anything for my emtb friends :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Yeah sure why not. Worst case I’ll just do it static in the backyard. Maybe remove the battery for a 9lb weight reduction :smile:

The hard part for me will actually be the filming. And weather permitting.

1 Like

11 Likes

Filming doesn’t need to be professional. Just an easy clip taken with your phone will do it as well.
And you know, there is no bad weather, only bad clothes :man_shrugging::joy:

11 Likes