Summer 2021 E-Games of D.I.R.T

That sounds very tiring lol but it isn’t a terrible idea either

1 Like

I thought about that as well.
Definitely keeping this idea for later in the game.

@DEEIF poll says for now that the best is to just upload a clip where you do roll out as minimum a bit after the BS180. Can you manage that in the next days?

2 Likes

Yes definitely can thanks Andy! I’ll try and turn reverse on in the next day or so, not sure how well it’ll work with HFI but let’s see!

The arm definitely didn’t help :rofl: I think I got the rotation down today, with reverse I think I’ve got it. FS is much easier, I will say that!

If you can get the 180 close to 180 you don’t even need reverse. You would just continue to roll, which definitely would count for me as a valid attempt.

1 Like

Yeah, the less weight on the back the less grip it has, with powersliding (using throttle to slide) you don’t always have to correct weight distribution hence getting rinsed

2 Likes

Reminder:
Last day of BS 180 for those of us who took the extra week.
@Creavenger
@JoeyZ5
@Jbev

Hope rain will stop till I come home from work.
If no, I gonna need to take a letter :disappointed_relieved:

@DEEIF we are still waiting for your clip :wink:

I’m just gonna take the letter on this one Andy, sports picked up this week for school so I haven’t had time to even get on the board due to trying to figure out my weird schedule now

3 Likes

Ill take the letter too. Ill do the trick later, its for fun anyway. Had stuff to deal with this week.

4 Likes

Just in time! I actually really like spinning backside, it take more commitment but it comes more naturally because you have to spin your whole body around and not just the board.

7 Likes

Nice one!

I unfortunately did not make it in time, so I will need to take a letter.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll just take a letter, I’m super busy like Dash with school starting up again.

4 Likes

Going to try to record this slide-trick today, should be interesting. Any recommendations for tire pressure? I was thinking of maxing mine out at 60 so I get less grip

2 Likes

Here’s my 180 slide, finally something i can do with the big fooka!

8 Likes

Dang you guys make it look so easy, I was trying to do this for a bit yesterday until my batteries died and it was very difficult

2 Likes

I did record some stuff today.
Did I say already that I hate slides?
I hate slides…

I did start braking while sliding.
That did work well. Than is switched to Current mode… oh that was a fun hitting the break while sliding… not sure if I want to recommend that :joy:

4 Likes

Okay for everyone who still has trouble with slides here are some tips how I do my powered slides.
The most important thing is your weight distribution. You want your weight very far forward and to the side. Pretty much over the front left or right wheel. Initiate the turn and then its just a matter of throttle control.
You don’t need to be very fast. walking speed is enough. Accelerate to 100% right away. A low ramp up time helps to instantly break traction and not shoot forward.
Then just let go of the throttle to stop the slide.
On very slippery ground you can even do it from a standstill. Just lean over a front wheel and accelerate 100%

10 Likes

Very well said!

If you’re turning toe side and sliding, be prepared for it to want to throw you backwards out of the bindings when you stop.

If you’re turning heel side and sliding, it will want to throw you on your face more when you stop.

Keep these in mind and force yourself to distribute the weight to counter the sudden change in direction and velocity and you’ll only fall a little at first :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Exactly. If you are doing it frontside its better to lean a bit to much to the inside of the tun than to little. To much and you can just catch yourself with your arms. to little and you will fall backwards.

3 Likes

This challenge was a lot of fun :metal:

I was searching for fresh cut grass and tried sliding on diffent spots but the grass was to high so it didn’t work. In this video I slide with locked wheels (full brake) because it’s much more predictable than drifting with full throttle (except with current control like @Andy87 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) . You just need more speed.

After 1 hour of searching I gave up and did it on gravel. I know how bad it is for the tires but this challenge has authorized me to just do it and it was very funny. On the way back home I found nice grass beside the skate park and made one last recording. Well, the camera survived but the tripod is broken now.

16 Likes

@rich your videos always manage to capture exactly why I want to build a mtb. you make it look so much fun

6 Likes