Summer 2021 E-Games of D.I.R.T

Very interesting. I always found breaking a lot less consistent than accelerating. I guess you just have to put in more effort with your body to turn the board.

1 Like

I crashed my camera multiple times as well yesterday :joy: gopro for the win :point_up:

High grass isn’t that bad thou.
I had to deal with it on my skate spot as well.
After 10min the grass was cut so short that sliding was super easy.
Probably also saved somebody some garden work with it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It is fun :grin:
For me the real key of fun is to have no fear of falling/crashing. If you wear good gloves, crash pants and hard shell protectors everywhere then usually nothing bad happens. I had many falls but 98% were without consequences. The 2% pain is worth the 100% fun. And to avoid injuries it’s best to listen to yourself. There are days where you should not do stupid things or jumping because of a wrong condition or mood. Sometimes I ride very carefully and not too fast because of this feeling that I would hurt myself.

True, more active shifting of the rear leg, turning the body and lean in the direction you wanna slide. The movement is very similar to 180’s just in slow motion and with most body weight on the front foot (and leaning forward as well).

The thing is when sliding with brake you are in charge of the slide. When I do the same with full throttle then the board is in charge and decides how fast the movement of the slide is and it’s different everytime. I like to drift 180’s but quite often I lay on the ground afterwards. With brake it’s much easier to control, you have to try it!

Yeah it’s very nice for full throttle action but when sliding with locked wheels the friction is so high that it is almost impossible if the grass is dry. I couldn’t spin more than 90° :man_shrugging:

Good solution :ok_hand:
I guess with spikes it would be 1 minute only

6 Likes

This is the problem for me, I still have no knee or elbow pads so harder for me to commit

:point_up:That’s some wise words I can just agree to :point_up:

5 Likes

Get a set, Amazon next day delivery and you good to go tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@rich

your video just popped up on my youtube. Huge slides!!:smiley:
+1

3 Likes

Lowkey forgot about slides

I got new motors on the way! Bouta cut 600gor sum off the overall weight of my board :yum:
Tho i need my dremel, guess i gotta get it shipped here

Look at my story on Instagram :joy:

Should have bought those pads

Definitely!
… and try to stay away from mud puddles when riding 20mph :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Loose sand isn’t much better, so maybe avoid that as well.

Good that you did not hurt yourself more :+1:

2 Likes

Did i do it? :pleading_face:
First tries, it’s what i could get with my board so far
my brain thinks I know how I can do it, I’ll probably try again later on this week to make it look better and more disticnct
Lmao that thumbnail too

11 Likes

I‘d say there have been as minimum two slides which would count.

4 Likes

Definitely! 1:35 looked real good.

What was hula hoop dude in the back up to?

4 Likes

Spikeball :yum:

2 Likes

Allllright I got around to doing this finally this weekend, and it was pretty fun, took a few tries to learn it properly, and the gravel I tried on was just too grippy.

Did it on the grass, and ripped it up haha

15 Likes

will go with this one. Next videos wont be prerecorded… this one just fits perfect and Iam still a bit ill.

have fun with my clip! like this trick very much :innocent:

3 Likes

Idk man sorry you’re sick but we all had to do it like this

Also it feels unfair to have pre recorded clips just to get out of doing the trick right now

Half the difficulty is having to go out and record it within the two week window and if you can’t, use the bonus week

Edit: Also, this clip is from over a year ago.

4 Likes

Yah, I dont think any past clips should be allowed.
If thats the case, I dont need to film much or anything yet.
Its not really a game of D.I.R.T. if we are just showing off what we have done… just my 2 cents.

7 Likes

Gotta agree with the gentlemen above, all tricks should be freshly recorded as we go

4 Likes

Hopefully this works…

6 Likes