Subsonic Skateboards since '99 - Custom Decks for DIY Builds

Ohhh please don’t make that, I’ll have to make a third version of the enclosure :sweat_smile:

BTW if you want input:

1. Make channel wires on the deck like LHB does it.
  2. Move your mounting holes as outwards as possible to allow pneumatics, more room for the motors inwards and easier to be mounted outwards
  3. Make a decks that has a deep cutout underneath, but somehow keeping the rigidity and strength of the deck, the thibkness should be wide enough to fit at least 8 21700 cells in parallel
10 Likes

Should be compatible with the same enclosure. Graphics/Color/Construction update. Mold is perfect!

3 Likes

Can you make decks out of cool/unusual wood?

6 Likes

@Ace Technically, yes we can do whatever we want :slight_smile: We’ve experimented with different woods, formica and of course different types of fiberglass, carbon and other composites.

In reality, we have a commercial lease, lost of expensive equipment and liabilities and payroll to make. We really have to focus on our core product most of the time to make this business work. More money, more problems basically.

11 Likes

Stock Subsonic GT40:

Painted with transparent caramel bermellon red car paint

14 Likes

I like that! @eBoosted Any enclosures for the Century 36 and/or Ruse, please?

1 Like

As I am very amateur at painting, is there anything special for the prep work for that paint job? How many coats were needed? Thats a beautiful color and finish!

1 Like

Well I headed to the paint shop and told them I needed a transparent red paint, they told me what I was looking for is called caramel paint somekind of transparent lightly tinted urethane paint, they sold me kit which consisten in Thinner, catalyzer, paint and mate lacquer.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Thanks @BillGordon, will check them out

2 Likes

is that the mould? :o

That’s the prototype, the mold is done after the prototype is complete. I had some issues also I have to redo the prototype

4 Likes

right, that would make sense

The prototype is ready

5 Likes

@eBoosted @Bradley this board is ridiculous niceee thanks a lot again. Also
As mentioned pictures don’t do it justice :confused: The drop is stupendous.

9 Likes

When mounted on trucks, is the area where you stand inclined? It looks like one end is higher than the other one.

2 Likes

Believe the back angle is -10 degree and the front one is +10 degree. So depends on the baseplate angle you use. If you use the same angle baseplate for front and back. There will be a 20 degree difference. So yea a small littttttle angle (or big idk…). If i am correct this is to keep the board stable at high speeds but also give you maneuverability. My switchblade which has no asymmetry I made the back angle 35 degrees and left the front at 50 and it’s pretty sweet soo I think it does help with stability/ maneuvering at higher speeds. (My opinion the experts plz feel free to let us know what’s what. )

3 Likes

Fast Times https://www.fasttimes.com.au/ is literally on the same block as my work.

2 Likes

So 40deg baseplates ftw? 50 front 30 rear?

1 Like

Prettty much I don’t have 40 so I went with 42 rear 50 front. But almost hahah…