Subsonic Skateboards since '99 - Custom Decks for DIY Builds

Ok thank you, that gives me an idea, maybe another few weeks on mine hopefully. Yea I been riding my bf’s Evo, really like that concave foot lock-in and the drops are nice when you have that oh-shit moment! Just took a quick 2 min spin on @KfromtheBay ‘The Skid’ (what a sweet build!) it felt very similar, I am really stoked!

Good luck on your build, I hope you enjoy! Would love to see some photos when you get it built :smile:

2 Likes

Damn, just noticed they’ve pared down their one-of-a-kind selection quite a bit… probably have been dropping prices during the pandemic to move stuff and I missed it :frowning:

Hope they can crawl back…

3 Likes

I had luck emailing them- anne@nw-dist.com or bradley@nw-dist.com

I finally got my board last Sunday and I had a chance to talk to the owners Anne and Paul. Things are pretty nuts up in Seattle right now but they sounded hopeful to keep things going. I think they were just down to Bradley building boards and I guess he got really really sick a few weeks ago so things went even further downhill.

The board I got kicks ass- it’s my second subsonic board (first subsonic eskate) and they’re both great. I really hope they can pull things out.

5 Likes

Hey welcome to the forum dude! Glad you finally signed up here! I’ve been meaning to post a similar msg in here as well. Hopefully they get stuff sorted and figured out but it ain’t looking good. Maybe try out those emails @JPNW linked there.

I received an email from Anne at Subsonic on Tuesday, apologizing for the delay and slow communication. I just noticed now because it was in my junk folder, so maybe check yours. We just entered phase 2 of reopening in King County, WA on Monday. Businesses can now be at 50% capacity, so production should pick up a bit. Before I believe it was just Bradley running all the presses.

4 Likes

I received a Subsonic Century 40 which was defected, and sent back to Subsonic for repair, only to receive a second defected deck. Please see my full post here including photos:

1 Like

Hi there, just wondering how well the subsonic century 36 would do as an electric skateboard. I haven’t seen too many DIY builds with the century 36. I see most people using the subsonic century 40 (and GT40), or talon versions. Unfortunately I can only get my hands on either a subsonic century 36 or GT40. Also, I’m about 5’9 if that matters. I presently ride an evolve GTR and I like the overall length (I believe its 38 inches). I would ideally like to have the motors mounted inwards but I not set on that. I have reached out to subsonic via email a few weeks back to try to get a century 40 but it’s just radio silence. I still, however, like the look of their boards and would like to hear from the community what their thoughts are. Thanks!

More space for a standing platform for riding.

If you go with Eboosted he has the 40 in carbon and will sell with an enclosure FYI.

Does the century 36 feel like there’s that much less space to stand on? I have never stood on any of these drop decks.

I think GT40 will be just right, it is an amazing deck.

They are going out of business since they didn’t renewed their factory lease.

Oh really? That’s too bad they are going out of business. Have you used a gt40? It seemed a bit wide?

1 Like

I also was worried I about the fact I wouldn’t be able to use truck risers if needed since it’s a drop through deck.

You can use risers if you top mount it

Ihave not used it yet, but seems good. Like a hummie deck with a bigger drop. Lots of forum member have used it and like it a lot.

Whaaaaa??? You serious? How you know this?

1 Like

Would that put stress on the board that way?

Talked to them. I was going to buy a lot of decks from them and told me so. Now they are focusing on retail customers until they close, hence I couldn’t buy as a whole seller. Sad sad times, their decks are awesome.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Risers are widely used even on double drop decks

1 Like

Sorry I must have misread what you wrote before. I see what you mean now. Have you seen the century 36? If so how do you think it would do as an electric skate?

6 Likes