Stooge Raceboards V-4

V-4 progress & pics dropped here.
-Race wheels back in development
Feel free to ask questions and I’ll do my best to follow up.

The. 063 chromoly tube chassis layed out in bare skeleton.

43 Likes

V4 is a dropped deck. This puts the fulcrum closer to the wheel centerline and reduces G-force lateral counterloading. The feel will result in less input force during a high G turn.

22 Likes

Updated pick up plates for the 3-link allows full adjustment front and rear. Short, long and uphill tracks. All in one.
Axels in mock-up are 4140 1/2" solid chromoly.

22 Likes

Mocked up roller checking fit and clearances, the tabs you see welded in various placed are Dzus plates. It’s an aircraft positive lock fastener. They will later tie in the T-6 aluminum deck an belly panels creating a structural monocoque.

24 Likes

Final support bars and steering damper mounts in place. Damper is KYB electric control from a Honda CBR1000. I set these between 5-7 volts.

42 Likes

Beutiful work!

1 Like

YEEEHA!

This is some hardcore shit, love the down and dirty style of welding a metal frame for the deck.

I believe i saw a Redember deck with your 3 link trucks mounted on it awhile ago, is it easier to do it that way and if so, why did you go for this approach than mounting traditionally onto a deck?

8 Likes

With the tube chassis it reduces flex & twist to a negligible amount. It’s reasonably light weight and self contained. Wood works well. It limits the battery area and has a tendency to twist and flex if not braced.

Bare frame approx 4lb

27 Likes

Nice, Suicidal. :ear:

5 Likes

@MoeStooge any chance you can give me the dimensions of those powerhobby 4s 100000mah packs?

1 Like

Like that you are dropping the deck. How much does it drop? Or was the old version also dropped deck.
What wheel base do you shoot for?
Will the dampener go to the axel as in this picture?

3 Likes

Cell Count: 4S 14.8V
Capacity: 10000mah
Discharge Rate: 50C
Charge Rate: 2C
Dimensions: 192mm x 65mm x 34mm (LxWxH)
Weight: 2.12 OZ
Balance Tap: JST-XH

5 Likes

@davidbonde old was a non drop raised tail to fit the damper.
V4 is the first TC with a drop approx 1" from the center spherical mounting point of the center heim. Ride height is also adjustable from the center spherical. The fit and finish of the damper is what it should be

5 Likes

I was designing in grab-handles, for super hard carve turns, for my race deck as well… I should have known, you have already been there done that, @MoeStooge jajajajajaja

7 Likes

Big long fast hairpins, that’s where they work best for me. Short track 13 turns in 34 seconds takes to much time to grab when making transitions.
Prolly cause I’m old N fat.

24 Likes

V4 gonna be rolling at Bako?

2 Likes

that’s a great photo

3 Likes

@RipTideSports is good at getting all those tasty shots :camera_flash: :ok_hand:

6 Likes

if grab handles isn’t cheating what about a weighted remote? i find holding a liter of water helps turn without leaning as much… can quickly move it side to side on a series of tight turns

6 Likes