Stoke type build but with 121c aileron?

So ive wanted a shorter eboard for awhile now just for the shorter trips and possibly (if ever) when i go traveling being able to take it with me. The evolve stoke for awhile was my prime candidate with it being to small, light, dual belt drive and made in australia i thought it would be a great choice. I had just read a thread about carbon decks and enclosures and for a complete DIY noob i was wondering what components i should use should i decide to do the diy route and how would it all work together on the deck?

In short i just would like to know what sorta cost it would be to diy vs buy a stoke for similar specs. Would prefer dual belts rather than hubs seeing as i already have a hub board

3 Likes

DIY costs more.
Read Is DIY right for you?

7 Likes

It can be more expensive my Stoke style build was around $500. It’s far from perfect but it’s still my go to for short or commuter skates.

7 Likes

Oooooh its a baby! I really wanna do this to a surfskate.

4 Likes

If your in Melbourne you have @glyphiks at your disposal :joy: depending on your budget it’s so much more rewarding building your own but it’s also a semi long process I’m sure these Aussie boyz will be there to help you :call_me_hand:
Stoke is really sweet looking you could build a clone
With better parts

3 Likes

Oof. Way to throw me in it :joy: i am working on a custom enclosure at the moment that I believe is coming up to the two month mark. My wait times are less than ideal.

4 Likes

I am in Melbourne and I believe @glyphiks we spoke about batteries on facebook? (please dont go saying “oh you are redacted”) But uh yeah im in melbourne so you know when group rides are ever possible again we can have a chat about perhaps what components to use for this build.

4 Likes

Oh i speak about many batteries on facebook :joy:

Happy to help with your build any time dude, just sing out with what you need :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

its probably a dumb thing to say im sure you get loadsa messages about batteries. Any way good to know people are happy to help out.

3 Likes

If he is in Melbourne he’s got bigger issues that state in stage 4 Rona lockdown they are all basically dead to us.

4 Likes

Wow, just wow. I’m in Bacchus Marsh / Regional though, only the Metro mofos are in Stage 4 lockdown.

3 Likes

Stokes aren’t made in Australia my man

4 Likes

Pfft 50Km - that’s basically ground zero.

1 Like

Ailerons!!

this one is 9S2P but between the RKPs and soft thane its actually very stable. ArcBoards did these a short while back.

5 Likes

Back on topic. All pricing in Aussie
Evolve trucks $150 or clones $90
63mm mounts $40 Dickyho
2 X 6S 5000mah Lipo $140 ebay
Yumcha plastic enclosure $50 ebay
6374C motors $150 AliExpress
MakerX dual ESC $160
Ownboard/dickyho pulley $60
Motor pulley$ and belt Dickyho $40
Remote $60
Just add deck.

2 Likes

I would go for RKP trucks. For a board this short I would go for narrower trucks. Boardnamics 187mm with a pair of 6355s would be sweet. You could save some money going with Caliber 2 trucks as well, but either way 6374s are not gonna fit.

2 Likes

I pretty much literally quoted a build for a mate using the same parts :joy:

2 Likes

I have a stoke-ish build coming. My work commute is set to restart. :slightly_frowning_face: So I need something not monstrous to ride and mainly be able to carry around. Work is not more than 2 miles from where I live so it’s a good fit. Deck is 32.5" inches tho iirc so more portable than the stoke really.

1 Like

@A13XR3
What battery setup?

10S or 12S2P P42A haven’t decided yet, but leaning towards 12S

Should be able to slam it all together this weekend.

1 Like