🏁 SRB Esc Approach 🏁

http://calc.esk8.it/
Keep things realistic and safe.
Use the calc and tell me if you think your speed is reasonable at 60v.
Battery is better making 600a at 8s

2 Likes

Ok this seems not very realistic :thinking: But what is realistic ? Anyway will start with 8s.

2 Likes

800kv 8s 78/11 is what we run with the 150mm tire. Puts us at 54mph final drive.

4 Likes

850kv 8s 67/11 calculator say 60 mph with 150mm tire. Sounds realistic. Will give it a try as soon i get my battery.

1 Like

Essentially it’s the same design Moe, you are correct.
Nextboards build there own to ensure quality control. The original application is used in Cessna aeroplanes as they have some aviation instrumentation that it is utilised for.
Cessna use a higher grade of electronic components, ie caps etc. being aviation. :+1:

2 Likes

I gotta know how is this working out? I had to promise β€œnot to go over 20” I keep that promise when we ride together so obviously I must keep it when I ride on my own

6 Likes

Pro Tip: Buy extra safety gear as spares when the primary set gets trashed. If she understands forensics, she will be able to tell the speed you were going if she sees the trashed safety gear so throw it away before returning home.

23 Likes

best advice yet

3 Likes

Poor tip: If you can’t afford a second set of pads, do some practice crashing/sliding in the driveway, and rough up the pads so any new damage will blend in. And make sure she sees you practicing falling, and sees how good you are at it. Tell her that someone on the forum suggested you to learn how to fall better, so you’re honing your skillz. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: That will set her mind at ease. :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

All my gf said was β€œdo whatever you like but I’m not going to be your full time career”

2 Likes

Sounds like a typical relationship to me.

2 Likes

Is this always that loud ? Itβ€˜s the 11/67 gears from @MoeStooge.

FYI Videos seems to work only on smartphones.

2 Likes

So i adjusted the lash of the gear ( thx @MoeStooge ) and now it seems to be better. I comparison to my helical gear drives it is still damn loud :sweat_smile: I still need to play around with the settings of the flier esc and also still waiting for my 8s lipo. This test I did with a 10s4p li-ion with max 120 amp.

BTW. How can I adjust the bushings of the truck? They are really set to very soft. I checked all adjustment video tutorial but I couldn’t find this information.

FYI Videos seems to work only on smartphones.

1 Like

6 Likes

So i played around with the setting in the flier esc. The settings for throttle (logarithmic, linear or exponential) didn’t change anything at least not at bench testing. The startup power setting made a huge difference. It now on 25% and Motor Start on really smooth. I still waiting for my battery and my BEC to power the receivers. After installing BEC I can do my first test ride.

6 Likes

Sounds really promising. Curious about the programming. Are you using a PC. Are the throttle and brake curves adjustable?

It comes with a USB programming cable for PC. For throttle you can just select between Logarithmical, Linear and Exponential and between Soft, medium and hard. For braking you can select ABS braking 0%,10%,25%,50%,75% and 100%. I hope i can test these settings this weekend when i do my first test ride.

PS: This is the link to the manual http://www.fliermodel.com/Data/fliermodel/upload/file/20181214/manual%20esc%20for%20car%20v30-2.pdf

3 Likes

So i kind of finished my board today and did my first test ride with start up power 25%, abs 10% and linear throttle soft. 25% startup power was way to low couldn’t start without pushing my board hard or going downhill. With 100% it is hard to stay on the board at start up. 75% worked pretty good still need to push my board a little bit but then it goes pretty smooth. ABS brake on 10% work but stuttering brake is not really something you want on a e board. So i set it to 100% then it seem it just brakes without stuttering. So overall start and braking is something i need to get used to it. But once you have some speed, acceleration is nice and smooth. Tomorrow i will try the 2 acceleration modes and try to go a little bit faster then maybe 40kph.

Setup:
@janpom Grand Plata 43" Deck Granda Plata 43" deck -- first batch
@eBoosted Red Ember 44 DS Enclosure (the only enclosure big enough for lipos :wink: )
@MoeStooge 3-Link Trucks and 67/11 Gear
Trampa Super Stars with printed hub widenings and Urban threads
2 x Flier Car esc 400A 3s - 16s
2 x 4S 16000 30C Lipos β†’ 8S
GTB2 Remote Wolf Case Mod
2 x FS-GR3E receiver
2 x 8S BEC
@SimosMCmuffin Flexi BMS charge only

11 Likes

Super Cool. Looking forward to updates and reports on the Flier ESC.

3 Likes

This is a codec issue (.mov). Change the coded your iphone records in and everyone is able to see it (even on non apple devices)

1 Like