🏁 SRB Esc Approach 🏁

Very predictable actually and you can dial in the response % curve so your brakes are customizable.

2 Likes

The mamba’s have awesome braking actually, just a loud noise

1 Like

drag brake… hmmmmm (I feel Im going to be the odd one who hates this, race build coming soonish)

1 Like

We don’t usually use drag brakes… I know @JaysTCB uses them on his personal boards though.

I dont have the momba setup yet, so not sure what it can do.
I just want to be able to coast though, belts are already a drag on my downhill.

1 Like

Properly setup gear drives have good free roll

3 Likes

looking forward to this then.

2 Likes

So it seems there is not really a good alternative for castle xlx (2) . Hmm they are really hard to get her in germany at the moment.

1 Like

Gotta be an alternative out there it just hasn’t been found yet.
I think NGV was using a 200a flier esc.
I believe it was this one. I have no info on performance. @Jezzalinko is the AU NGV guy who could answer this.

1 Like

Sounds interesting. Could run my SSS 850 KV motors with 12S with this esc. But the main problem is to accommodate all the lipos. Even with (3 x 4S ) x 2 it will be pretty hard to fit under my 43" deck. But I might try it anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe one of the US guys would be interested in re-shipping a set of xlx or xlx2 to you?

I had already thought about it, but I’ll try the flier esc. I’m curious and someone has to do it :smiley:
I have to say that after having built a few street boards and offroad boards with vesc based escs and outrunner motors, building a race board with high kv inrunner is now a completely new experience.

1 Like

Just arrived. Pretty fast shipping from China :blush: flier 3-16s 400amp esc. Next step solder 6 awg power cable to battery connector. Hope they fit on QS8 connector.

13 Likes

NOOIIICE, love seeing someone try to adopt this unconventional setup! Let us know how setup with the fliers goes, I had a dual flier ESC and could not figure it out lol

3 Likes

Yes, I will keep you posted. Still waiting for other parts and looking for 8S Lipos which are not to bulky. Want so go with 16S.

4 Likes

are you planning to run inrunners or outrunners?

I have 2 850 KV Inrunners 16s 200amp max 12KW

3 Likes

@philo Nice.! Really looking forward to your report on the flier ESC. Appreciate what your doing here.
:checkered_flag::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Thanks ! Still need the figure out how to put these all together and convince my wife that this is not dangerous at all :smiley:

6 Likes

Hi just checking for the right lipos. My motor Max voltage is 60 volt can I still run dem with 16s ?