🏁 SRB Esc Approach 🏁

That multistar pack looks a little puffy!!!

Chill brah, it’s just holding in a toke

6 Likes

Multistar packs come pre puffed.
@DEEIF top down pic

8 Likes

Thanks! Do you also happen to have one of the esc wiring?

I dont know why this is so funny to me.

Ive bought 3 in the past each puffed up in varying degree.

8 Likes

Me too!!

4 Likes

Funny, my multistar packs are the only Lipos I have with no visible puffing, and the only ones I’ve drained to 2.5v/cell and lived to tell about it.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried to add a coating to the mamba XLX for water resistance? I’m wondering if it’ll cause a significant enough surge in temps during use that makes it not worth doing…

EDIT : nevermind…found a youtube vid of a guy doing it and it works just fine.

Moe, can you tell us some more about the gears you use on your setup? I read 8:1 gearing on 120mm wheels. But what pinion and sprocket are you using with the 800kv motors?

8:1 was a 32p or mod.8 I ran on 1250kv and then 850kv motors.

https://m.facebook.com/events/2383866818525774?

Current setup is 800kv mod1.5 on a 5.63/1 using this.

There is a 420kv 4kw x2 I’m looking at using on a 6" AT air ride swing arm build happening in the near future.

6 Likes

Thank you moe! Looking forward to the pneumatic build!

@MoeStooge any chance you could post a pic of your pulley drive system with these pulleys and share how you set these up with the SS 5694 800kv motors??

3 Likes

These gears look nice but is a gear really worth $70?

With a small drive gear this would put the total gear cost at almost the same as the motor. What makes them worth this much money?

This is a genuine question, do you think its worth this price and is there not a lower cost alternative?

Edit: while im asking questions, why have you moved to a larger gear mod size? is it just because that is what was available or is there a specific reason that you’ve moved to larger tooth sizes?

3 Likes

The 72t mod. 8 spur was strong enough for 5200w. If there was a viable 100t .8 spur available and 8mm shaft diameter pinions I’d still be running them. The 62t mod 1.8 allowed me to run the 56mm can and more importantly narrow the hanger width.

Cost. What’s your skin and blood worth. It’s the strongest, longest lasting, lowest resistance ratio setup… 12kw and have never changed a spur or pinion with mod 1.5

16 Likes

@MoeStooge I need to go to sleep. Can you hit Enter please lol?

Damnit you beat me to it lol.

6 Likes

It’s 4:48 AM over there, what are you doing up?

2 Likes

Day Job starts early.

3 Likes

Insomnia-ing it up bruv. Its the best. :unamused:

1 Like

I was talking to @J0ker . He mentioned needing to go to sleep.

1 Like