🏁 SRB Esc Approach 🏁

also curious what 6ga bus means. Like 6ga wire?

1 Like

6 gauge wire is what they use on jumper cables haha. I’m sure Moe will come along and give us an indefinite answer really soon.

1 Like

pretty sure he meant 6AWG

2 Likes

@MoeStooge what does it mean by β€œ6awg bus runs the show”? What do you use the 6AWG for? I as well, just as @Dareno, want to learn your ways

1 Like

Battery to ESC, probably

1 Like

Can you explain what this dual receiver is about? Like receiver for 2 remotes?

1 Like

2 receivers, one on each esc paired to one remote.

3 Likes

There is more info on that in here. One remote, two (or more) receivers.

3 Likes

Ohh very interesting. I’ve never heard of this I’ll have to do some research on how that works. What are the pros of such a setup?

Hell yeah thanks @b264

1 Like

If one fails you still have control of the other for breaking

3 Likes

And on the other end of the argument. You add another unnecessary failure point to your board that could throw you off :man_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

How the hell do you solder 6 AWG? I’m trying to stick 8 AWG into an XT90 and I wanna die

7 Likes

Its an absolute bastard. Last time I did it I trimmed the cable a bit but that kind of defeats the object. Can’t even begin to think about 6.

1 Like

I suppose a blow torch or something

1 Like

I’m still on the fence but realistically speaking a receiver just randomly committing suicide is very unlikely. Think I have only ever had one receiver blow in 25 years of rc and that was because it got extremely wet. Like submerged wet. One of my water jacket pipes blew and filled the boat up with water.

1 Like

Batt-Buss-Esc. #6, 6ga, 6awg.
I use #6 stranded hard drawn copper for the buss. The entry and exit wiring to the buss is 8ga copper braided for Making turns and corners. No amp bottlenecks.

I melted a 4092 1250kv motor at SPD1 while braking on a 47mph run. It smoked the esc and highvolted the 5v signal to the receiver. It was paralleled to the other esc and smoked it as well. That’s why a dual receiver. Derek ran his setups this way as well.

7 Likes

I use this for soldering big wire.

9 Likes

So the wiring that is bolted to the deck is the bus bar effectively? From the xt90 to the black connectors in front of the esc’s is 6awg copper? Everything coming off front and back is 8awg?
Its just very hard to grasp the wiring layout from a pic.

2 Likes

Moe could you do a top down photo looking straight at the wiring/electronics layout from above?

1 Like