🏁 SRB Esc Approach 🏁

I would be insomniac too if Batman was on my ass…

2 Likes

But you dont run any kind of guards to keep stones out?

Paper towel and slow speeds in wet coarse sand. Stay away from running through those.

3 Likes

What do you use to mount these inrunners? Saw on the other thread you mentioned building them out of aluminum blocks - have you come up with anything more accessible since then? Unfortunately I don’t have the tools to make any mounts =/

Out and inrunners mount the same.
You. May need to mod your mount.

5 Likes

Motor fail! These 155mm tires put the drivetrain on a 70mph final drive with the 800kv 8s 67/11 gearing.

International Pro Dowhiller Daniel Engel Ran β€œIntro to Speed” with us yesterday. Here is part of his last run of the day. Good times🏁

8 Likes

Wow! That’s who the other stooge rider was! I thought it was @davidbonde :stuck_out_tongue: Watching that video I can tell he had a different approach to the fast turn into S turn then most did, seems like he held the throttle all the way through to the start of the S turn which led to him slightly overshooting the second C in the S. It seems as though he reacted to that Super fast and fixed his line for a flawless exit/entrance of the hairpin into the straightaway and next lap!

5 Likes

Does the mamba xlx have to run on lipo?

No, it has to run on 8s or below voltage though

1 Like

* Input Voltage Range 3S-8S LiPo (33.6v max)
The new XLX2 is here

3 Likes

Close enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I didn’t think Ace was going to be rocking 2s on his board haha.

3 Likes

Does not. It does get thirsty. #6ga copper bus and 400+a of battery delivery for a dual setup.

6 Likes

So I should get these instead :thinking:

4 Likes

Yea dude the drive train is only half the equation. This esc is how you leave the pack in the dust.

3 Likes

How? It’s only 20A at 33v? Seems low wattage

1 Like

I thought the same at first. The esc is 200a 20a is lights and things.

1 Like

Sounds like 12kw of potential power from the ESC, no wonder it packs a :facepunch: :rocket:

2 Likes

New Mamba Xlx2 is out.

Xlx2 over the Xlx.
A complete redesign.
Waterproof
Smart cooling. (The fan will thermal cycle at a
given temp.)
On off switched
Sensored.

The motor kv detection was a quick 3 seconds. This enabled custom torque limiting. I’ll be messing with this function later.

Startup non sensored.
The cog time has been shortened and is less itense than the old Xlx.

Overall the programming has the same format with familiar tools.
This esc definitely runs cooler with a steep 1/2 mile hill pull making only 70deg Fahrenheit on the data logger.
Esc overall performed and behaved typical to Xlx.
Super pleased with the first test run on the Xlx2

Played with motor detection and torque control. The regular Xlx has this as well. Yup, does exactly what it sounds like. You can reduce acceleration torque with this function. Slam the throttle wide open and it’s will only accelerate as hard as the setting allows.

At the hill ,
The old Xlx torque function performed flawless.
The xlx2 did not… It surged. A firmware or program issue, IDK. Will reprogram and retry.
With torque tuning function turned off it performed as expected.

Cooling comparison from the hill. Data logging showed the Xlx 116f and Xlx2 65f.

19 Likes

Wow! Xlx2 runs so much cooler.

I saw a video of a guy using it on his rc car setup and had that thing clocking 160mph! Sounded unreal.

How come the ESCs are top mounted on this setup? Was this to reduce overheating?

Also, is the battery top mounted with that setup as well?

2 Likes

Old Xlx never really had an heating issue.
With electronics heat = death.
Glad to see a thermal cycling fan with more efficient heat sink layout on the x2
Being water proof, it just seemed a good use of dead space rear of the wedge step.

Semi hollow core. Used deck thickness as part of the battery tray. Belly pan is permanent and returns structure back to the deck. Lowering the 3-link on a 42" wheelbase and fitting 1380wh packs in a full belly pan wasn’t going to happen.
Getting the standing surface closer to the axel center reduces turn input force in high G turns.
Pan to ground clearance was the issue.
Top access panel will eventually get a 1" bump up to accommodate the 1380pack. For now 600wh fits nice in the flat top panel.
Parts are still unfinished with 6" sanding disks for grip tape. Works in a pinch.
Would like to say @davidbonde did a fantastic job with this deck. He was very thoughtful in his plan and layout. Thank you David for this wonderful deck.

13 Likes