SR-71 BLACKBIRD | split 12s12p 20700b | TB 190kv 6374 | 4WD | Dual Unity | 240mm hexl | carbon jet kill shot | sixshooters |

This is my second money pit… i mean build.:rofl: I named it after the SR-71 Blackbird. why? Just like the real SR-71 my main goals are long range and high speed/crazy torque to “outrace any threats”.

parts/price

for the battery i worked out a trade with my good friend @370HSSV i did a custom carbon skin with a graphic on his Landyatchz EVO. He did all the magic to make my 144 sanyo 20700b cells into this beast of a battery pack. Because of limited space we did a split pack 5s on the bottom and 7s on top. Also big thanks to @Psychotiller for letting me and @370HSSV take over his spot welder and making sure we didn’t mess any thing up along the way. :rofl:

After trying out some of @Psychotiller 's Mastercarve builds, I couldn’t stop myself from picking up a set of his 240mm heXL tkp trucks, Sixshooters and the jet kill shot 40" deck with a enclosure. I wanted my deck to stand out so i decided to carbon fiber skin it. Its not as easy as @sender makes it look :sweat_smile:. Its a shit ton of work but in the end it was worth it. Came out better then i was expecting

under the hood:
electronics are pretty much a basic setup.4 torqueboard 6374 190kv motors, 2 second batch unity’s, wired up with split ppm, and also redid the wiring on the switch so now i have one switch to turn on/off both unity’s at once. I couldn’t find much information on how to do this on the forum so here is how i did it. basically just match and splice all the white wires together. you will only need the red and black wires coming from one unity to the switch so DO NOT splice the red and black wires from both unity’s. Sorry i don’t have a good picture of the wiring for the switch.

Finally finished:

!

So far this board exceeds all my goals. first group ride was with LAESK8 we went about 20 miles i still had about 87 percent battery left after the ride. The torque of this thing of is insane. I can smoke the front tires on any surface and if the surface has enough dust on it i can even spin all four of the tires. top speed should be about 45 mph with my current gearing so far i’ve got it up to 40 on gps.

cons: This thing is HEAVY I haven’t been able to properly weigh it yet but it has to weigh at least 45-50+ pounds so it is a bit of a pain to walk this thing around or load it into a car.

Future plans : Carbon fiber skin the enclosure with a graphic and the top of the Trampa box. headlights, working brake lights.

49 Likes

Really nice build! Great job

What’s the trampa enclosure on the top for?

3 Likes

Thanks man! The trampa box holds half of the battery pack, 7s is in the trampa box and 5s is on the bottom enclosure

1 Like

With that range you will run out of friends to skate with :smile:

18 Likes

well @370HSSV will have a 12s10p evo soon so we can hit all the group rides in one day :rofl:

6 Likes

Good shit, @370HSSV Is a cool dude

2 Likes

12s12p SICK! I’m waiting on 13S13P now :wink:

12 Likes

I kind of like the idea of the split battery. Pretty awesome build!

2 Likes

Sick build

When can I have a go on it

3 Likes

Lol, ive got 12s13p in progress. It weighs a ton!

Seriously nice build @scrubski i’ve got a 4wd build just starting and any more info youve got on hooking the two unitys up would be awesome… @longhairedboy mentioned something on an insta post about needing a resistor?

5 Likes

Where did yiu get your cable sleeving from? Sick build man!

1 Like

That’s an insane build, much love. How long does it take to full charge?

1 Like

I can’t wait to see this thing on an LAESK8 group ride cause I really want to try it… dope build though.

1 Like

Thanks! I use a 6 amp charger, the first charge took almost a full day to charge to 100%

4 Likes

Thanks man!
I got my sleeves from Amazon

1 Like

thanks man!
Wiring up the two unity’s is pretty simple. I didn’t use a resistor but i haven’t had any issues so far.
For the receiver wires, just match and splice all the wires but leave one of the red wires from one of the unity’s disconnected. If you leave both of the positive wires connected to the receiver you will not be able to turn off either one with the switch. this is called split PPM

Next is the switch, match only the white wires coming from both unity’s. leave the red and black wires from one of the unity’s disconnected from the switch.
Thats pretty much all you will need to do.

Instead of doing split PPM, you could link the unity’s via can-bus but i haven’t tried that yet.

hope this helps with you’re build. PM me if you have any more question about the wiring.

1 Like

I would kill to see a video of an all out launch from stand still.

3 Likes

Not all out, but close.

https://vimeo.com/360887331

8 Likes

That was sick as fuck

2 Likes

So, if someone rides near you on a Meepo or something more basic does their board just explode… this thing in so insane…

3 Likes