Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

While we are on the subject at what speed does this become helpful? I only reached 40km/h and did not yet felt like I needed to change my foot placement or stance.

2 Likes

Looks really cool, but it looks like a 38+inch deck would get in the way of the doors lol

2 Likes

What deck is that? Did you skin it yourself?
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s a 38 inch Jet Kill shot i skinned and glass frit it myself. design was made by my buddy. Sadly this deck will be his :joy:

4 Likes

Great job, is it skinned both sides?

How is the flex now? Can I see the edges?
Edit. Sorry dude, lots of questions lol. I am halfway through my own project and that is so nice.

4 Likes

Thank You!
that one is only carbon on the top and its still a WIP. But on my personal build (SR-71) I Skinned both sides and edges with carbon and it has just minor flex with me on it. I only weigh about 170 pounds though.
I have let my brother who weighs around 240 pounds ride it and it was flexing enough for me to tell him to stop riding. so unless you are on the heavy side i wouldn’t worry about flex.

1 Like

That is a beautiful solution. Better than duct-tape.
And we use Raychem Heatshrink. It’s expensive, but after shrinking it, it is like a flexible silicon cable. Ask him for that. It is used in cable trees from cars and motorcycles.

1 Like

Wow :star_struck: I didn’t see your thread. Very nice. I gave up covering the edges, my deck has some angles I did not manage to cover correctly. Anyways I am trying to figure out how to have a nice separation line between the skin and the wood edges.

1 Like

I used a straight and a rounded file to get the perfect edges.
I think this video will help. shows you exactly how i make my decks step by step and how to get a nice separation line. (not my video)
I hope it helps its how i learned to skin

1 Like

Thanks again I will watch
Here is my progress so far

5 Likes

Oh I see the file trick just like with grip tape

1 Like

exactly

1 Like

looks really good man going to come out badass!

2 Likes

Our school had a rack in the office we were required to put them in. It was a massive steel monstrosity made by the welding class. You could lock a board up though.

1 Like

That’s my “poor man’s Kaly 0.2” :rofl::rofl:
CF was mainly to hold and reinforce the plywood gas pedals I glued in place. And… well it looks badass too so all good.

3 Likes

Holy fuck, electrified pickle Rick!! Needs a Bluetooth speaker playing Get Schwifty.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

@Brenternet they are rough as guts.

1 Like

Nothing a few cervezas can’t fix.

… well maybe more than a few.

1 Like

Who am I kidding? I have never been fussy just lucky

2 Likes

I honestly use it every time I step on any one of my boards at any speed. They all have some kinda foot stop on them. I find foot stops helpful from a muscle memory standpoint.

4 Likes