Spot-Welder recommended choice by community?

What other options do you have in mind?

No I dont think the majority use kWeld, but I would say a large number of serious battery builders use it because its such a great unit. I was happy to pay a bit more for a product to know that I could expect a quality result and I wasnt disappointed.

A lot of other builders have tried many and settled with the kWeld. @Acido comes to mind

2 Likes

Thank you SurferofDIrt, So I will get the kWeld, if I get a battery for it which one should I get and how do I recharge the battery and does the level of charge in the battery influence the quality of the welds?

1 Like

Like that monster unit Damon uses. But we’re talking COIN.

This is the one recommended by kweld, it works fine but heats up rather quickly. I have just bought another one to hook up in parallel to try and mitigate that. But if you take your time its fine.

1 Like

There is a good thread on the kweld here

Perfect I will go for the Kweld then. How long does the lipo battery last and does level of charge of lipo battery affect weld quality and where can I get a charger for the lipo?

1 Like

So the kWeld will be around 160€ + battery 55€ = 215€/236$ without 3d printing the cases and without a Lipo battery charger…

1 Like

You can get a iMax b6 clone for like $17

Hobbyking has free shipping over $50 for the lipo and they have clone chargers too.
Their website is soooo slow

I use malectrics with same battery

1 Like

Level of charge does not affect the welds… maybe very minimally, but it provides good welds all the way til cutoff.

Its hard to say how many welds it will do because it depends what you are welding and your joule settings. But i reckon you could finish a 10s4p battery with one charge

1 Like

Recommended battry to deliver 1500 amps burst at

This will work fine but not the best option as 5Ah*130c is only 650a think it’s been tested to deliver between 1100-1200 amps of the top of my head

A better option but more exspencive is

6ah* 150c 900amps
Tested and outputting at 1400 amps barely warms up

Running dule in parallel at 1800 amps can’t even tell if it gets warmer

1 Like

Dammit i shoulda just bought one of them. Will see how my two go in parallel, i think i was getting about 1050a out of just the one.

2 Likes

@RAZerBlade go with the graphene, its not that much more expensive and appears to be superior

To be honest ones you parallel them I don’t think you will see the difference it will ba a 10ah 130c so 1300a rated and I think you be at the 1500a sweet spot when testing it. Let me know what you amps are when you do interested to see what the difference is.

Rember the unit will go in to safe mode if your supply delivered over 2000a

I made a XT90 splitter and that got fare hotter than any thing else at high jules settings or at speed. I then made a dule XT90 to XT150 using AWG10 cable same as on the battery’s and put a XT150 on the welder with AWG8 cable. it’s considerably cooler but is still the warmest part of my set up. A better option is to add a 2nd input plug bolted on to the welder but I thort the temp was ok with the XT150 and I didn’t want a live plug floating around when I used battery or the k caps.

Just a friendly heads up of what I found when converting to dule battrys

1 Like

@BillGordon i reckon a few of these posts deserve to be merged over to the kweld thread :+1:

At least german quality in case of the kWeld

Thanks to all.

So it will be the kWeld with the Graphene battery pack.

Which charger would you recommend for the Turnigy Graphene Panther 6000mAh?

If you plan on making 10+ batteries kweld is a must, if not you will be just as fine with the cheaper welders

3 Likes