Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

It depends on how you do the math…:slightly_smiling_face:

Copper is about 60% more thermally conductive than aluminum.
Aluminum is about 40% less thermally conductive than copper.

Easier to just give the thermal conductivity numbers…
Copper = Averaging about 375 W/m K
Aluminum = Averaging about 235 W/m K

Pretty big difference IMO. I can get much more uniform heating across a thermal mass (lowering the hot spot temps) using copper and decently lower heat sink thermal resistance numbers using copper. Typically not needed but great to have when it is needed.

2 Likes

Will make and sell one soon.

6 Likes

Make sure you don’t use the integrated receiver or bt module than. Might cause drop outs due to the signal getting weakened.
If you have the version with the antenna coming out of the case, it’s not an issue thou.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed the 75v100J ubox v2 ? It’s about $80 cheaper and looks like it’s built better than the regular v2… It also says that they are building in a TVS diode to 5v output to handle voltage spikes which I think is the reason my DavegaX screen continues to freeze. So two q’s… Why wouldn’t people build an esk8 using this version vs the regular v2 and most importantly (for me), can someone point me to a TVS that will help me keep my DavegaX from freezing… :pray:

3 Likes

Had a chat with them, cheaper mosfet gets hotter faster but better supply of them. also believe they use the same logic stage on both 100v ubox and 75v ubox

3 Likes

Any idea when it’ll be available for sale, and a rough pricepoint? Very interested.

I will just make a few first batch to see if their is some interest so will probably be a bit expensive. Would guess around 90 USD. Probably 3 weeks until they are made.

1 Like

That’s cheaper than trying to have it CNC’ed myself haha, consider me in for a set. If there’s any chance to get one with just the fins without logo too that’d be awesome (i’d be fine with paying a bit more for that if needed)

1 Like

i just order it , and i will do a video review in fews week , running this vesc on 18s lipo

2 Likes

Good luck lol hopefully it doesn’t blow up

Running 18s on a 75v esc is very risky

3 Likes

its not what she told me by email

from website specs

"1. Technical Data: Voltage : 12V-75V (peak voltage should be less than 80V, 16S safely) "

2 Likes

84v max spike voltage

my lipo pack is 75v at full charge

1 Like

Goodluck. My 18s wouldnt pass motor detection with at even a hair over 75V. Doesnt exactly instill confidence in the idea of riding when that happens…be safe bud

2 Likes

do you have the J version?

Oh, nope, missed that part whoops

J version use 100v mosfet

1 Like

Freel tho, be careful and safe bro! Let us know how it goes

2 Likes

Everybody please wish me luck :innocent: the erpm is very high also with 190kv motor :rofl: i am a tester and i will do a video soon if i survive 55mph :rofl:

4 Likes

its also a great test for the boardnamics gear drive :rofl: at 3.95 , the esk8 calc give 55mph of top speed :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes