Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Hi, Luis
Is your problem solved?
as I reminds in above, here is solution you can try:
1> flash fw according to this file, use attached merged firmware
2> read and write default data, re-try it. refer to above line 1558 solution
How to flash firmware through SWD interface - EN.pdf (1.0 MB)
firmware:
VESC_UBOX_3.3V_100A_FW5.2_R2_TYPE_C_NAME_UBOX_MERGED.bin (900.2 KB)
If your problem still exist, please send us email for more details. if the LED1-LED4 lights on normally, it may be not a hardware problem.

12 Likes

I’ll give this firmware a try today after work. Thanks

3 Likes

How much headroom under 75v is safe if not using regen? 71v? I dare not go to 74v.

2 Likes

I ended up sending them back to spintend. I tried all of the suggestions from all of you. I’m much better educated in code now. But it got to the point where I had to throw in the towel. Now I need an esc from somewhere to get this build to the client. I’m losing money

16S is much safely, make sure the spike voltage not going to 75V

3 Likes

Any luck using the newly provided firmware?

4 Likes

I have been having the board react very unsafely to high braking current. I have tried many many times to get it to go away. Feels as though on motor stops braking all of the sudden and when I check it has not triggered any faults.

The only think I feel left to check on my parts is to reduce battery cable length. Sorry I have failed to get it on video as I mostly test at night. I also have not used a METR to make a log so that is also bad for getting help.

1 Like

Sounds like it could be one disconnected motor phase wire somewhere… you’ve probably triple checked but just worth mentioning.

2 Likes

haha it runs perfectly besides this strange behaviour, trust me I have had a bullet come disconnected this is not that. It passes detection perfectly and works like a hot damn, only this hard braking making one side seemingly freak out. If I was riding anything but a bro deck, bindings and apex airs with medium bushings… it would have thrown me already and I would have stopped riding then.

I am talking 25mph to hard brakes causing one side to give up throwing my balance off momentary…

again very sorry to frustrate you all with no video or ride logs. I have been thinking it was something silly wrong in my settings but after 4 redetections and making sure all settings are high enough, raising everything and lowering some batt amps I am still unsure of what is happening.

Honestly if anything I am now seriously planning on making a dyno for safely stress testing builds. Finally a actually good reason to get a massive motor…

1 Like

out interest what S battery you using?

1 Like

16S, even 25A of regen is 1300W so not entirely shocked it could have some issues with the current spiking.

I could try dropping braking current to -5A and see if It can still happen.
to fill in more I am running the 300A FW with my ABS at the max of 480A, 110A motor and 70A batt each side. Brakes currently at -25A as noted.

The behaviour tends to be really bad at high speeds braking suddenly downhill. So sounds like a voltage spiking thing to me. Of all the times it has occured I only got an actual over voltage error once, this is why I will reduce cable length before I try much else.

3 Likes

using mine on an existing 13s build, been tempted to build a 16s but I think I’m going to play safe and go 15s.

1 Like

If possible, also twist the battery wires together along the run from the pack to the ESC, at least 2-3 twists an inch. This reduces the inductance versus running the wires in parallel, or even worse, running the wires apart from each other.

12 Likes

It worked. Thanks!

4 Likes

Very happy for you! All your boards are rideable now?

1 Like

So was about to pull the trigger and get a unbox tonight… then couldn’t find an option to purchase with a Uni1 remote. Anyone know if they’ll all old out or what the deal is with these?!

1 Like

I’m not sure but I have one I’m not using if you wanna buy it. I thought I remembered something about them making a new version soon? Maybe why the old one is now gone.

When I ordered mine they sent be a used one as apparently they are releasing a newer version of the Uni1 remote within the next couple months.

1 Like

I must admit I don’t enjoy my uni1 as much as vx1, but I enjoy it def. enough to try a new version.

@AmySpintend any details on the new remote?

1 Like

This is a terrible endorsement for uni1 :joy:

5 Likes