Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Your hardware isn’t on that list yet.

1 Like

Does anyone here have lead on a good heat sink?

Hi, I’m back again. I’ve done the firmware and motor detection. Now I haven’t got a clue how to set up the remote. Am I right in thinking it has to be done from the remote and not the input wizard? Thanks

What remote are you using?

2 Likes

It the ubox remote that came with it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzXc0yok9jmppY81qvEIFQHB2n_AaMWj/view?usp=drivesdk

There is a user manual. Just follow the steps… It’s really easy.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, I’ll try it and repot back.

1 Like

Just done all of that, the remote is now connected but when I accelerate all I get is a buzzing from the motors. It’s driving me mad, Im sorry to have to keep coming back for more help.

That sounds like you haven’t done motor detection right… What kind of motors are you using? Have you connected motor sensor wires to the esc?

1 Like

The motor detection seemed to work. They are just cheap Chinese motors sensorless. Should I just do the motor detection again?

Well if they are sensorless then there is no point of detection.

Detection is for FOC sensored mode and that mode requires hall sensors to present on the motors.

In this case you would need to use BLDC mode and just use motOr detected values.

BLDC is not smooth as sensor ed and is not so good at starting from standstill so it’s possible to hear that noises while trying the remote. In order to get motors running you would need to give your board a bit of push to start wheels rolling and then accelerate.

Did you select sensorless while doing the detection?

1 Like

You still need to do detection on sensorless motors

BLDC mode needs motor detection also and there is no wizard for BLDC motor detection but you can do it manually

4 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t realise that you couldn’t run sensorless motors in foc. I will try again setting up bldc and repot back

Hi

Does anyone know how to modify a motor to add a temp sensor to it ie a Thermistor?
Think you add a 10k one?

I have dickios motors think there are 5 wires just heard you can add temp to it?
Thanks

Spintend or Maker X DV6??

You can run sensorless motors in FOC. But you still need to do a motor detection.

4 Likes

I see, I have done the foc detection but when I accelerate all I get is a buzzing from the motors. They both spun during detection and it gave the figures. I’m assuming I’ve got something set wrong, do you have any ideas?

Spintend

1 Like

Yes, typically forgetting to click “read” then making changes and clicking “write” can overwrite all your settings and motor detections

2 Likes

That could well be it, I have been pressing “write” after making any changes. When should I be pressing “read”? Sorry if this should be obvious I’ve just never done it before. Thanks