Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

so is just put switch in parallel
what about gnd?

1 Like

ground would be shared between the VESCs so you would only need the two positives of the switches and one ground, or maybe you need both grounds not sure. Don’t parallel the switch’s LED power is what he said I think.

1 Like

ah ok perfect

what does the ground actually mean with a vesc cause it cant actually ground it?

1 Like

I have not had a VESC be struck by lightning but it is always a possibility.

:laughing: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

i suspect my vesc wouldnt be the biggest concern if i was struck by lightening

6 Likes

what i guess

1 Like

thought you just said gnd doesnt need to parallel?

1 Like

prob doesn’t yeah, might tho.

the LED power from one VESC is the only important bit.

1 Like

does it matter if the gnd is paralled
as in will it do any harm?

1 Like

hmm thinking now… the two wires need to be shorted on both VESCs so both red/black wires are needed from both VESCs

1 Like

ok will try but if it blows up your to blame… jk

1 Like

That’s not what I meant. I said H/M/L should become L/M/H (gears 1/2/3) in the future?
Or are there certain limitations that will not allow that?

3 Likes

This makes sense for sure.

3 Likes

Ground will be paralleled anyway as both vescs are connected to gnd of the battery. Wont do any harm connecting both grounds.

If you wanted you could just use 1 wire to turn on the vesc (without the switch) , just connect a wire to the switch contact, of the other vesc

2 Likes

It’s just kind of the standard for remotes to the power into the top speed mode for calibrating.

1 Like

I don’t mind powering into H for that, just that 3/2/1 or H/M/L for switching through is very counterintuitive.

2 Likes

Yes you don’t mind but are you comfortable making every single other person that uses the remote do that?
I’m not passing an opinion off I’m just trying to inform you about why it is like this.

1 Like

What do the modes do? I tried cycling through them on the bench, and I don’t remember noticing any difference between them. Is it possible to set VESC profiles to them?

1 Like

When you do the input be sure to be in H. Click apply after moving the throttle forward and backward, then click on the remote to change to M and L. You’ll see that the forward input will decrease.

1 Like

So does it just limit ERPMs? Or are acceleration values also affected? I’m just trying to figure out how exactly it works off the configured settings on high.