Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Hello frank is this to connect to mobile app or just to get it going?
Thanks

This is before I even open the VESC mobile app. The app doesn’t recognize any connection to the VESC, because my phone can’t connect to it first.

1 Like

It turns out I just had no idea what I was doing. Once I set UART off for the remote to ESC A and set BT to ESC B, I needed to scan directly from the app, and not first connect from the phone. I had stupidly been clicking the “Pair” button instead of the “Scan” button, thinking it would bring me to the pairing menu. The VESC app will do that for you, and mine paired immediately once I did that. Huge shoutout to @hardunclejohn for helping me figure it out!

6 Likes

tried this already and bt module isnt working for me
just gonna get a metr

Didn’t you buy one when i got the f5 bindings?

2 Likes

yep but shipping from estonia to uk looks like is gonna take a month
you genuinly cant buy anuthing from outside the uk atm unless you want 6 month waiting times

3 Likes

@hardunclejohn will you provide a new / updated firmware version based on v5.02 ?

4 Likes

@hardunclejohn

Where is the source code for your modified firmware 5.1?

This is not optional, it’s a requirement.

Selling hardware that is dangerous running on stock firmware while not even providing the source code to document your changes is negligent.

I’ve looked, am I missing something?

5 Likes

I think it’s beyond negligent, it’s probably illegal, being against copyright law.

This also means that reselling these products would also be illegal.

3 Likes

Apologies for this, Brian:

You were right.

5 Likes

Just throwing it out there, I wonder if they even know, or if they think to check these things before releasing a product.

I guess it depends on how long you are in the industry but maybe they just didn’t even research it before releasing lol

Guess we will see what @hardunclejohn has to say when he gets around to replying

2 Likes

I have PMed him. We have a line of communication open because I was planning to do a uBox review, which is on hold until he’s compliant.

I will learn from this.

4 Likes

He will reply if the money stops flowing.

In the meantime, you have items that cannot legally be resold, aren’t even legal for Spintend to sell, support cannot be added to anything, and issues cannot be rectified if everything doesn’t work 100%.

Also futures updates and feature additions are all but impossible.

3 Likes

Somebody has gotta have the inside scoop. Rumor train says he’s working a on a single version, so I expect if he wants to sell those to us, he’ll fix the firmware req.

Or he’ll ignore it and sell it on aliexpress like all the other weird vesc6 clones that dgaf about all of this.

W/ the recent price hike, it’s easier to stomach looking at the 100D or doubling up on one of the other single 75V200 clones out there. FS, maker-x, and yongitech all have versions that work w/ the stock firmware. Pretty certain maker-x (or someone in that realm) is working on a dual based on the yongitech/maker-x flat 75v HI100.

There is two versions of firmware on the website, not sure what version

1 Like

Thanks. But we’re talking about the source code, not the firmware in this instance.

3 Likes

They have compiled firmware binaries hosted but no links to the VESC-Project, GPL licensure, or their own modified code.

3 Likes

yes, I will release it when I’m free to do it.

2 Likes

@b264
@DerelictRobot
@luastoned
@BillGordon
@ShutterShock
@RyEnd
Hi, Guys, for the source code and firmware , here is my reply:
1.Commit the changes to VESC project need some time, we are preparing on that. I can upload it to our website recently, it will be faster. We used original 75/300A firmware, and found the 3.3v/3.44v problem(the battery display discrepancy problem), then I fix it. only change this point, and I have explained in our FAQ item14
2. We’ll upload the 5.02 customed firmware version in our web. when I have time, lately in end of this month.

9 Likes

You have great organization for your customer support. Not sure where you learned it but other should take notes.

3 Likes