Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Not sure, but I would not ride without it.

2 Likes

As far as I’ve seen, the manufacturer has been ghosting and supplying possibly-illegal software.

2 Likes

Franking intensifies

3 Likes

If they follow the law, you can have nicer things without spending more, and they can sell nicer things without spending more.

No not yet, it’s strong for sure.

2 Likes

Does it get warm ? Using those voltages

1 Like

absolutly not. i’ll see during summer but max temp i got so far is 47°c when i pushed an other board on a 15% incline at 35km/h :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure it matters if you are using Spintend’s remote, but suggest strongly you use custom firmware if using another remote.

2 Likes

Yes I have the remote amazeballs :slight_smile:
I’ve installed a big heatsink on it as well, not really used it yet I was just wondering if I could add another s to it.
I have a few hills where I live

2 Likes

more voltage = more speed not more torque
if you want more torque you need more amps or lower kv motors

1 Like

for some reason my bt module isnt working
i try to connect on the app on android and i just get ble error

any ideas?

2 Likes

Also more capacity/range, if one keeps the Ps :blush:

2 Likes

Turn your remote off and try again, I’ve had this issue too. For some reason with the remote on, sometimes the ble wouldn’t connect properly

1 Like

So tried with remote not turning on at all and it didn’t work
Will try what you said now

I got it to work with my old phone a long time ago but for some reason with my new phone it refuses to connect

does the new spintend vescs offer a switch if you want?
if i pair wiht my old antispark version cna i use a single switch to control both

Hi
Really struggling to connect to my mobile app, keep getting this error I’ve done what it says

Think I need to unnpair the app on pc? How is this done

Thank you

Google Photos

1 Like

Getting some unexpected behavior trying to set up the uBox with remote on the VESC tool through VESC tool. It’s my first time with the tool so I’m probably making mistakes somewhere, but even then some of these just don’t make any sense. Can anyone who’s set it up properly see if I’m doing anything wrong?

I flashed both sides with the custom firmware, and got through motor detection. However, the input wizard fails to recognize the remote, and the remote signal is bypassing the tool and going straight to the ESC. Here are what I tried so far:

• Turn on RTApp in VescTool
  • Check both CAN IDs in the input wizard
  • Set PPM to ESC A on the remote
  • Set PPM to ESC B and plugging into ESC B through USB
  • Turn board on before remote while running wizard as suggested by the help bubble (although then remote never binds)

Weirdly, I tried cycling the board again while plugged into ESC A, and input detection stated that one of the firmwares was out of date. However, I rebooted it again this time plugged into ESC B, and there was no error. I can update motor parameters just fine, but I’m still getting nothing through input detection.

Lastly, I tried using the VESC android app to set up instead, but Bluetooth doesn’t seem to be working. I can see the ESC on my phone, and the Bluetooth light on the ESC is on, but when I try to pair on the phone Bluetooth pairing screen, it says the pairing was rejected by the ESC. I ensured that Bluetooth wasn’t idle and connected to ESC B using the remote, and on VESC tool, the app pairing flag is false, but it still gets rejected.

2 Likes

Setting control mode to ‘uart and ppm’ might be worth a try.

1 Like

That’s what it was set by default to. The ESC is already connected to the remote presumably via PPM, but the computer can’t see any of it.

1 Like

So I figured out the input part, putting the solution here in case someone else finds it useful.

The Uni1 remote defaults to UART instead of PPM, so in Ports Config on the remote, I set PPM to ESC A to On, and UART to Off. Once that was set, input detection had no problems finding the input, and I was able to configure it. However, I lost all telemetry on the remote, which I am assuming comes from UART (feel free to correct me if wrong). I re-enabled UART to ESC A from the remote, and I got telemetry back, and it feels like it saved the input settings from PPM also, since the deadzone I had been trying to fix with input detection seemed to have stayed gone. So now I believe it is set up properly, but I’m still a little confused at what exactly is happening when both PPM and UART are connected to the remote at the same time.

Tried some more stuff with Bluetooth, including turning all inputs off except Bluetooth, and switching from ESC B to ESC A. Still getting the rejected error. Found something similar with the pairing being rejected on the VESC forums, but like many of the questions I searched there, there was no solution. It’s possible my phone (Moto X4) isn’t supported, but it’s fairly old hardware at this point, so it seems unlikely.

1 Like