Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

did you unplug the power while the motor running?

2 Likes

nope just unhooked CAN and maybe power in the middle of setting them up in Vtool. After that CAN bus broken on the V1 unit.
To add more detail I can connect to the V2 unit, and it shows both sides on the CAN bus until I plug in the V1 UBOX CAN then the V2 unit can not see either side.
leading me to think there is a problem with the CAN on the V1 from whatever I did.

1 Like

i was curious about it , so whats the solution ? reflash both vesc with a stm programmer ?

1 Like

no STM I think just normal FW upload.

Weird side note I made a build with dual TB6 HW worked for 3 weeks then the esc over CAN (without RX) quit responding to the throttle. It was fine besides not getting signal.

redid FW upload on them and problem went away. Figure same weirdness here.

1 Like

it’s not clear for the 75v100J ubox v2 , is it 100A Rated continuous current, or phase peak current ? per channel

Looking for some help! Just got everything connected to my ubox. Paired just fine on the way home from my phone. But now that I’m at home, everytime I try to connect to the BT, it says "Cannot read firmware version "

The 7th LED is also yellow. Any advice? Has me nervous cause it was working fine on the way home and now I can’t connect. No idea why.

1 Like

triple press on the power button fixed all my issues

2 Likes

Quick question – just upgraded my battery from 12s4p to 12s8p. Any other settings I need to adjust besides capacity?

Yeah my UBOX V1 seems to be stuck with no CAN bus function.

Try a hard wire connection?

1 Like

I’d flip duty cycle current limit start down to 85-90.

1 Like

what does that do? never touched the setting before

It makes you fly like superman.

What fw version are you using? 5.1, 5.2?

5 Likes

5.2 for a while now

Proprietary/custom firmware from spintend directly or built into the vesc tool already?

1 Like

Custom from Spintend for the ubox v1. Same FW I’ve been running for a few hundred miles.

Haven’t had a reason to switch to 5.3…

@AmySpintend fix your firmware or add a note!

Duty cycle current limit start should not be at 100%

4 Likes

You can stay at your current firmware but i urge you to change duty cycle current limit start to 85% - 90%

It will not immediately throw you but it has to potential to do so.

2 Likes