Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Will do. I’m curious what the setting specifically changes

1 Like

Click the question mark in vesc tool. It says it.

So it’s the start point of when current is decreased so you don’t hit max duty cycle which can cause a drop out. Back in 5.1 maybe I think is when folks started noticing the issue and we’ve all been manually changing it. 5.3 defaults it if you pick eskate as the setup.

2 Likes

Let me know what the price is, and when i can order haha.

I assume you mean usb vs bluetooth for vesc tool. Yeah this is USB.

You could have also said putting a CAN bus cable across the dual vesc which is prob worth trying.

Yeah what I meant :joy:

1 Like

Any update on when i can put in an order for one of these?

Yes got them. Just need to upload to webshop. Will do tomorrow.

2 Likes

Is that for ubox

Ubox, BioX and Stormcore

Back to topic, I have been testing several Ubox and their is no reason to worry about the problem with smoked unit if you don’t mess with the firmware. After testing alot of units the problem with burned unit are that users are installing 5.3 firmware from vesc tool. Ofc you can argue that wrong firmware should not burn the unit but that’s just a risk how its working atm.
Keep the 5.2 or use the firmware from spintends website. I have not burned any single unit with custom 5.3 or the 5.2 they was shipped with.

But for 6.0 firmware you don’t need to worry about it anymore , the correct firmware will be in vesc tool with that:

Another thing, if you get the message in vesc tool that you can’t do remote setup because one vesc have wrong firmware. Just reset app settings and it will solve it.

3 Likes

Mine shipped with 5.3 out of the box iirc, has been working fine even with multiple detections and such to make sure.

3 Likes

Huh…ive had 4 units go up in smoke an the last one the CAN rand9mly stopped working on 5.2. And then i flashed FW to spintend custom 5.3FW and it resolved the issue so…dont think the FW issue is as simple as “5.3 bad, 5.2 good”

1 Like

I think it’s more like “5.3 bad, Spintend’s 5.3 good”

But I’m still running 5.2 on mine until there’s a good reason to switch…

3 Likes

Yes correct

1 Like

Yeah this makes sense to me - their blog is pretty clear to only use their firmware, but it would be really easy for a person to accidentally upgrade to generic 5.3 when plugging in as i believe the user gets prompted to do so if theyre on 5.2 with vesc tool 3.01 - accepting that results in generic 5.3 firmware, which means poof.

3 Likes

Will add better pictures later. Use discount code: esk8freedom for 10USD discount. (limited time)

1 Like

14 posts were split to a new topic: Frank vs The World

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Frank vs The World

hi, guys i have receive my Dual Ubox V2 75v 100A x2 J yesterday and start tune it and what do you think about my settings and set up :

215 pounds + 50 pound mtb , 18s lipo (80A continous safe current) no bms , 200mm wheels
i want to brake fast at 40 mph and i don’t to lose brake like my previous 4.10 at high speed

2 Likes