Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Also look out with PLA I’ve had issues with it deforming pretty badly in direct sunlight after just a few minutes.

PETG is MUCH more resistant to the elements.

No warping after being left in direct sunlight for hours.

1 Like

Yes you right PLA tent to deform from 60c I found that out with my vesc 4.12 enclosure when I left my board in my car in hot day :sweat_smile: PETG would be def better choice but I don’t have any atm so PLA must do it :wink:

2 Likes

Any reason not to use both stormcore controllers on one motor?

Might void your warranty + it requires custom FW, but otherwise not that I know of :upside_down_face:
You can search in the stormcore thread where people were talking about it + there’s a video of Charles demonstrating it working I believe

Hi Guys! I started to build a skateboard from enertion raptor 2.0. (sorry if it a noob question, this will be my first custom board).Two focbox left from that, and my question, if i buy a spintend ubox, can i connect the two single focbox to it, reach 4 wd? There is two canbus on ubox. I asked them in e-mail, and they said, they havent tried it, but 2 uboxes can work together. Should i buy 1 ubox and try it? Is there any possibility it will works? Thanks for reply!

1 Like

Just putting this here so you know about it :slight_smile:

As for the CAN, you probably could do that, but I don’t think anyone has tried it yet. You could always split the PPM signal too

3 Likes

I don’t believe you’re supposed to mix v4 and v6 hardware although that may be a solved problem.

1 Like

I don’t think so either, maybe the CAN would be funky. Doesn’t matter though for split PPM technically

3 Likes

I’d still be wary since V4 hardware would be at 100% duty cycle at 85% PPM input while V6 hardware would be at ~85% duty cycle, not sure if this is enough to cause problems or even be noticeable but I wouldn’t recommend taking the risk.

1 Like

That logic does make sense

1 Like

go go gadget dual-receivers!

1 Like

i smell 4wd coming

17 Likes

I know it’s relatively new and all, but can someone chime in on the Ubox’s performance vs more common vescs, like a unity/flipsky? Sure, the numbers look good, but I’d like to hear from the community.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

There aren’t very many out there, but I haven’t had or heard of any issues other than the voltage reading that was fixed in a fw release IIRC.

3 Likes

So far my unit has performed very well. I actually bought one of the first few units sold with the antispark switch.

I’m running it in single motor mode at the moment and only at 10s but I’ll be going to dual motor and 12s soon.

There are a few posts in this thread with more intensive testing info/heavier loads/higher power but I’ve been quite pleased so far.

Only other ESC I’ve used is Flipsky 6.6 and I prefer the U-Box so far.

4 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

2 Likes

hello
im in the uk looking for a bottom mount housing for this does anyone know where to get one thanks
looking for a 3d printerd one maby thasnks

Its for this? You’re gonna have to 3d print one I think, this ESC is so large that it won’t fit in any current designs. Maybe @ApexBoards has something that might work

1 Like

thanks will contact him

@jonisingt35r

I have the one design that I created previously

U-BOX enclosure Alternate 2.stl (222.0 KB)

and I’m currently working on another that’s a little more. . eh . thought out. :sweat_smile:

The new one will feature a basic heatsink that I’ve come up with.

3 Likes