Space Cowboy | Prototipo | 12s5p 40T | Hypertrucks | 6396 140kv | Neptune BMS | Unity

Hey guys and gals I’ve got a good one for yah. Thanks to @Sender property tax flash sale im building my second prototipo. Never planned on building a second but I just couldn’t pass up a good deal. Plus I jumped the gun when I sold my last proto but Im glade I did because ive got a senderized board now. :sunglasses:

Heres what ive got

Prototipo senderized
Hypertrucks
60 40T cells for a 12s5p
Neptune BMS
Unity
Trigger remote and lots of other little stuffs

Hopefully by the time I finish building the battery ill have my motors. Covid has really put the brakes on that order.

I have a few questions for the community. One being the placement of the BMS.
Heres what would work but im not sure how to mount it. Thoughts?

29 Likes

You can squeeze it in front of the Unity cant you?

BTW, that’s one of my favorite Lacroix skins, good choice :slight_smile:.

7 Likes

Looks great! How deeep is the neptune?

You could get a rubber gasket and glue it to the enclosure lip, then drill through it for the mounting holes to get you the depth you need. That’s how I got DS on my City Slickerer.

5 Likes

Me too! You did a fantastic job on that one. It was a PITA placing each of those white pieces individually to get that star effect but I am so glad I did!

8 Likes

When I was fracictily searching through the pictures on the property tax sale I spotted it and thought holly hell its perfect!!!

I tried to but its just to big, that’s where I put the bms on my last build.

1 Like

meeeee to!!! you did the perfect amount of white frit.

I will look into this for sure on mounting.

3 Likes

I have always been partial to line art/pictogram style artwork, something about it just calls to me. That one I love :slight_smile:.

You will likely have to do a gasket like @Sender said. You can get some hard duro rubber and cut it in strips. apply epoxy to both the rubber and the enclosure lip (doesnt take much) then clamp it ion place and let it cure. Its not a bad job.

2 Likes

I dont know how you have the patience for that, I would have been drunk and looking for a hammer halfway through :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I was wondering what design you were gunna get looks so good man!

RE: BMS placement you might MIGHT be able to squeeze it all in there like so:

6 Likes

That board looks sooooooo dope!
When diy looks more refined than prebuilts… by a damn country mile.

11 Likes

Damn this looks amazing. I wanna see a video of this beauty once it’s done! I think u can place the unity and the bms next to eachother in the front just like @Brently did on his.

3 Likes

That deck is god damn work of art!! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Epoxy would be best for sure, however… on mine I didn’t want to wait so I used superglue and it worked great (and fast)

Still solid after thousands of miles.

2 Likes

Ohh, wow. I would not have thought that would work well. Good to know.

2 Likes

Man do I miss Hyperion
Their work was Clean af :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I just have to give you kudos for what I’m hoping is a Cowboy Bebop reference in the name :wink:

5 Likes

Hehehe I’m glad someone picked up on it.

4 Likes

I wish I could but there just isn’t enough room when running 12s with 21700 cells

2 Likes

My favourite anime, so I’m just salty I never thought of it first :joy:

I’ll have to call my next build “Radical Edward” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s in!!!
With almost no room to spare for insulating.
I think it will work

14 Likes