Some Reporting Issues with Vesc Wand (Under investigation)

Cheers, sorry for the misunderstanding.

That was not concluded. It was covered that every remote should operate reliably, regardless if it’s in a CF enclosure or not.

What about everybody else?

3 Likes

The answer is in your question

1 Like

Unfortunately, you are likely correct.

@Trampa are you going to look at that video posted and just ignore it? Come on! when the fuck are we going to see a plastic and metal enclosure for WAND?

3 Likes

Seems like a fair test, maybe @ducktaperules or @Lee_Wright will show us how to hacksaw the top off and replace that end with a PETG printed part of it becomes a factor in during a ride.

So essentially the shielding due to the aluminium case in tandem with the shielding of some enclosures in making the perfect storm for some?

What about a NRF mod to add an antenna to the remote? Little stubby like the Metr pro has

4 Likes

@myreala just print your own if it’s a problem for you :tipping_hand_man:

Edit: for real, why nobody came up with a 3D printed case now. Everybody just complain here, but nobody working on solutions…
We have enough talented guys here, so why not to design a 3D printed case, upload the stl and who ever is not happy with the original alu case can print his own case.
Problems solved…

5 Likes

I want to have my phone in my pocket when my friend rides it around the block and keep live data the whole time is that too much to ask?!??

Just embed a Android phone with a small data plan that logs and saves online.

IOT longboard lol
pretty much just a Bird scooter at that point.

Is there an onboard SMA connector?

What is the antenna, chip or traced into the pcb?

Does it lend itself to a mod? A warranty destroying mod of course :joy:

Not needed. The connectivity is totally fine. It’s all just badmouthing, trying to find non existent issues. If I or Benjamin would show some serious Unity tests what would people think! Would be sort of funny…

We have a fleet of nearly 30 boards in Nottingham. Receivers are in all sort of locations.
These boards go out with team, visitors, Thursdays Club group rides, etc.

Everyone from the UK can come and go for a ride with us. We do that every Thursday. Everyone who rides with the Wand is in love with it instantly. It simply works.

Just come and ride with us is my advice.

3 Likes

Mmm not sure if that is a fair assessment and a bit of a below the belt response to tie in unity problem which are not being discussed on this thread in fairness.

Suffice to say it hasn’t been an issue for Trampa testers, but now some remotes are in the wild it seems to be a problem for those with a CF enclosure.

The vid Jeff made shows no enclosure and a weakened signal 15ft away, is that a complete non-problem in your view?

How long should an non-interrupted link last, maybe that’s how long a piece of string is question :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yesterday evening I also did test the WAND with and without case in distance, but I did not shield the transmission with my body.

3 Likes

If that’s the attitude, I am so disappointed. Literally pushed me from a fanboy to @mmaner ‘s side. Such a shame. Guess I am not worthy to use trampa’s product.

8 Likes

Alright @mmaner I understand your frustrations now

16 Likes

Glad we can put that to bed :lying_face:image

7 Likes

Door is open, come and ride with us…

@rene good to see more testing, a non-problem for you. @Deodand any issues riding? Are you using it in a Raptor?

2 Likes

Thanks for your test. Kind of proves @Deodand’s point.
Please note that you most of the time tested in a perfect condition with the bottom of the WAND (where the antenna sits) pointed to your board. Thats not the case when using the remote in reality. The connection was still affected a little bit with and without the case.
You will see a lot bigger difference when you would do the test with the WANDs bottom showing to the ground or in any other direction than you did in your test.

@Trampa Your complete response about the badmouthing just makes me sad.

8 Likes

A non-problem for me.
Started with a PPM-Mini remote which had less range.

2 Likes

Please watch my rain vid. There you see the WAND in front if me. My body in between the sender / receiver and the antenna directed away.

2 Likes