Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

I got mine, I’m trying to hunt down an EUC donor body. If I don’t get one soon, ill wire it up temporarily to my 12s uni. I’m currently working on a 20s onewheel but this esc wont fit in the FM control box, and I want to use the control box so I can salvage the connectors off a broken controller, so i dont need to cut and rewire the motor, this will make the build much simpler and more water, so anyways its getting a stormcore 100s.

Is the firmware for this public? I cant deal with 5.1 and a bmi160 :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s got one. BMI160.

2 Likes

Which dimension(s) causes it to not fit?

Not yet but it will be for the release to market.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Yeah just a wee bit too wide…

2 Likes

Reminds me of this

15 Likes

HAH wtF :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

O_o

Don’t expect my warranty policy to cover that nonsense lol

13 Likes

Lmao @hummieee

2 Likes

you don’t need that handle anyways just seal it over from the outside and cut that interfering part out.

1 Like

Not a bad idea, but I don’t want the extra work, and I really want to go for the sleeper aesthetic, but certainly an option for future builders.

1 Like

interested in trying it in the bike, let me know if any are still available from the first batch

2 Likes

So excited to see the new FOCer going into beta!! @shaman, have you already dispatched all of them for testing? I’m finishing my project this week, just saying… LOL.

But seriouly, I hope this is as success!

3 Likes

Yeah I’m maxed out on testers right now. The spare units I have on reserve are for replacements for the testers in case anything goes wrong.

2 Likes

How long will be the beta test period until you go on production series?

1 Like

Depends on the testers. I’m budgeting at least 3 weeks of heavy usage for the testers. This should be enough time for issues, if any, to present themself. But if there are delays in the testers starting to test for whatever reason, then that will delay the testing period.

8 Likes

Sounds great! This is faster than expected.

3 Likes

Having a version with the dimensions that could drop in as a replacement would be HUGE for the OneWheel aftermarket scene.

4 Likes

Hope to buy one of this tiny but powerfull controller in near future…
my bobby car needs some more power;)

Very, very nice project, respect!

2 Likes

I got the little focer running in my onewheel pretty nicely.
Still a lot to test and fine tuning but it seems promising.
Nice thing is that it fits inside of the original onewheel controller box with a bit of modification( you can grind a bit the heat sink in one side or hot bend a little the box ) sure that you can’t use the original connectors, but here it is.

12 Likes