Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

Lmao @hummieee

2 Likes

you don’t need that handle anyways just seal it over from the outside and cut that interfering part out.

1 Like

Not a bad idea, but I don’t want the extra work, and I really want to go for the sleeper aesthetic, but certainly an option for future builders.

1 Like

interested in trying it in the bike, let me know if any are still available from the first batch

2 Likes

So excited to see the new FOCer going into beta!! @shaman, have you already dispatched all of them for testing? I’m finishing my project this week, just saying… LOL.

But seriouly, I hope this is as success!

3 Likes

Yeah I’m maxed out on testers right now. The spare units I have on reserve are for replacements for the testers in case anything goes wrong.

2 Likes

How long will be the beta test period until you go on production series?

1 Like

Depends on the testers. I’m budgeting at least 3 weeks of heavy usage for the testers. This should be enough time for issues, if any, to present themself. But if there are delays in the testers starting to test for whatever reason, then that will delay the testing period.

8 Likes

Sounds great! This is faster than expected.

3 Likes

Having a version with the dimensions that could drop in as a replacement would be HUGE for the OneWheel aftermarket scene.

4 Likes

Hope to buy one of this tiny but powerfull controller in near future…
my bobby car needs some more power;)

Very, very nice project, respect!

2 Likes

I got the little focer running in my onewheel pretty nicely.
Still a lot to test and fine tuning but it seems promising.
Nice thing is that it fits inside of the original onewheel controller box with a bit of modification( you can grind a bit the heat sink in one side or hot bend a little the box ) sure that you can’t use the original connectors, but here it is.

12 Likes

i am running into the same fitting issue with my XR chassis. your solution looks pretty solid for the beta test… from the pictures posted by NuRxG above it looks like the onewheel plus and XR have the exact same chassis and connectors… The PCB is the same but the XR has slightly different components soldered in in some places… like different sized capacitors, etc…

A couple of questions i think i could manage through if i had to but maybe you have already done the work or done it in a better way…

1. I am trying to run down the exact connector types/part numbers that were soldered to the board… have you found any or are you just cutting the connectors off the motor, footpads, etc and wiring it direct?
  2. have you already mapped the motor sensors? 3xHall, temp, pwr/grnd? if so, what method did you use?
  3. My controller was fastened to the aluminum plate that screws onto that plastic controller box with 5 1/4 inch nuts and what looks like 1 rivet… any pointers on getting the rivet loose? i was planning to try to trim the edges and get it lose with a dremel but i am open to better ideas.
2 Likes

confused, what side do you have? no controller box? I cut my connectors off because I’m not ussing their case.

wire 5V and use multimeter to look for signal on hall wires.

pics

https://www.digikey.nl/product-detail/en/molex/0194350611/WM19921-ND/3183319?_ga=2.84648537.1321965869.1565640431-455040727.1565640431

https://www.digikey.nl/product-detail/en/molex/0194290040/WM7388-ND/3044519

https://www.digikey.nl/product-detail/en/molex/0194170025/WM14268CT-ND/6132998

https://www.digikey.nl/product-detail/en/switchcraft-inc/EN3P6MX/SC267-ND/2080472

5 Likes

you are my hero

1 Like

@Fosterqc i am trying not to mutilate the controller… its xr and may be valuable to someone. So i either need to find the connectors for my focer or cut the other end of the connectors off and use something else… but it looks like flux found everything i need.

2 Likes

ohhh I forgot they are part of the PCB not the case, duh.

you could prob trade the working one for a dead one pretty easily!

Also they are available on mouser.com or something idk, facebook knows.

switchcraft.com <- for the hall and footpad sensors

The main motor one is some kind of automotics jiggy

1 Like

Here we go again…18S on a Funwheel.

9 Likes

Anyone knows if the little Focer has pads for pulldown resistors?

1 Like