So this is probably the best DIY skate community ATM.

Other than the first part it works… kinda

3 Likes

This is my beater/winter board, fun little guy to mess around on. Absolutely no power though

3 Likes

amplification - the process of increasing the volume of sound, especially using an amplifier

Still convinced Acoustic does not make any sense whatsoever. The opposite of acoustic is electrically amplified so I don’t get it. However, if anybody starts using Organic, I may opt for Acoustic as a lesser evil :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is your board not… electrically amplified?

4 Likes

Is there an ESK8 equivalent to getting a fat, amplifying exhaust pipe to make my motors sound even noisier than they actually are? Or maybe we could wire up some loud motor noises to intimidate cyclists out of our way :stuck_out_tongue:

A poorly maintained straight cut all-metal gear drive with bad bearings is exactly what you’re looking for. Or open chain drive. I feel like it sounds similar to an ICE motorcycle

1 Like

Here in NYC that would just make them slow down and weave back and forth to fully block the path. :crazy_face:

Just my personal two bits….
Analog or Acoustic would be terrible to use, only making (some) sense to the more experienced riders and those who created the terms. New riders, and even some experienced ones, wouldn’t think that a term related to something non-digital or related to sound would apply to push/manual non-electric boards.

I don’t have any great suggestions but perhaps we can find something descriptive like Push Boards or Manual Boards that is self-explanatory if not cool. But at least it wouldn’t a mystery to many.

3 Likes

the dualomo on a double kick is like the only esk8 that can actually do a kickflip properly when some douche yells “do a kickflip!” though. lol

1 Like

motor controllers are literal amplifiers. This conversation is totally out of hand now and i love it.

6 Likes

I’ve been leaning towards “Push or Pedal” because i follow the same logic, but i’m curious now how many votes this poll will get and where it ends up.

2 Likes

Seems like analog is winning, personally it makes me think of analog electrical signals, or something like an ADC/DAC

1 Like

Monkey powered wheelie plank.

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Kickedy push skidaddlydoo.

1 Like

Gas skate

ICEsk8 (not ice-skate)

ok, I hadn’t thought of that. Ice skating came about between 3000-4000 years ago, whereas Roller skating was inventing in the 1700’s.

So Ice Skating has first dibs of the term “Skate”?? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We’re calling non-electric boards Lupe Fiasco Joints. And that’s final.

2 Likes

Why don’t we call them just longboards. Or skateboards. Its us who have the prefix “e” in front.

Just don’t tell the surfers about the “Longboard” thing :stuck_out_tongue: