So this is probably the best DIY skate community ATM.

checkmate

5 Likes

If people have a mental space for push skate, then naturally there should be one for gravity skate.

My first mountainboard as a kid was similar to this :sunglasses:

I’m just grumpy that you didn’t like my Olympus Mons downhill terminal velocity math.

1 Like

Good grief, just call them human powered as opposed to electric powered so that everyone can start making HPV jokes damn :triumph:

2 Likes

Sketbord

2 Likes

Human board

Do people who roller skate go sideways? :exploding_head:

Actually what came first, skateboards or roller skates. Do we have to revert to skateboarding rather than just skate if roller skates came first…

1 Like

Skate trucks used to be the things that got bolted to the bottom of roller skate boots.

Then people started bolting them to other things.

Not according to google…

1 Like

So let’s start calling this esk8boarding :joy:

1 Like

Looking like some ebike people are leaning towards acoustic:

3 Likes

If we’re going with Acoustic why not just go the whole nine yards and call it “Skating, live and unplugged” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

F**k it we’ll do it live.

I support this idea.

1 Like

We could just separate things into electric, and pre-electric.

Or we could go into paleo terminology call it basal skate, the ancestral form.

2 Likes

I still prefer push, manual, or unpowered. Maybe traditional. In esk8, electric would designate the method of propulsion, so it would make sense that on a regular board the primary method of propulsion is pushing it along. Gravity only really works in DH, but pushing makes sense on any board and any discipline or terrain, including uphill.

Acoustic is an audio term, I don’t see how that would relate to an unpowered board at all. If anything they’re far quieter.

2 Likes

We could call esk8 - Amped skating, nobody needs to know we’re talking about Amperes rather than amplified…

Watt skating?

1 Like

The two top voted at the moment both have to do with things that aren’t really related to skate:

• Analog: Data or signal able to be measured by continuously variable, measurable, physical quantities.
  • Acoustic: Designed to control or absorb sound.

I personally like acoustic just because it’s a previous instance of non-electric → electric, even if it doesn’t make sense by definition.

If not acoustic then I vote traditional, because that applies to both push and downhill.

1 Like