So this is probably the best DIY skate community ATM.

Can we use “Acoustic” instead of “Analog”? There can be Analog Electrical.

4 Likes

what if somebody posts a hollow body electric? :rofl: :rofl:

I like acoustic or manual :+1:

1 Like

I have a pet hate for the word acoustic when it comes to skate. Acoustic by definition relates to how sound is created or amplified

4 Likes

Gotta agree that acoustic sounds/reads weird. Push or manual. Or a third option I haven’t heard yet.

1 Like

Just skate? Given it’s the original form. Any other/new forms should have to have a prefix out of respect :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

sk8 is sk8

3 Likes
  • Acoustic
  • Analog
  • Non-electric
  • Push or Pedal
  • Sans Motor
  • Skates, Bikes, and Trikes
  • this poll sucks, fuck you for even trying

0 voters

I’ve been saying gravity.

Gravity Skate.

I feel that. But I could see a more literal person complaining that “gravity affects esk8 too”

Anyone that doesn’t say esk8 must mean normal skate.

4 Likes

To be fair, there are a lot of people who say esk8 who don’t even ride something resembling a skateboard, they’ve just appropriated “esk8” to cover whatever PEV they feel like calling an esk8 because they’re too lazy to learn the term “PEV”

In my part of the world we have ebikers, scooter riders, EUCers and even funwheelers calling it “esk8” because idk they’re dumb or something. I can’t fathom why they wouldn’t take pride in their own ride.

here it’s a blanket term only because we are inclusive to the entire PEV community, as well as lots of non electrified stuff. I likely won’t rebrand the entire forum, so that’s the compromise.

but out in the world, i’m not calling my wheel an esk8, or my full-suspension lead acid scooter an esk8, or anything that isn’t an actual esk8 an esk8. outside of this forum one-wheelers are floaters and euc riders are wheelers, and sometimes i jokingly refer to people on scooters as scooter kids even though most of the time they’re not kids at all, etc etc.

so i kind of get why a lot of PEVs are referred to as esk8 when they aren’t esk8.

2 Likes

this poll is turning out different than i thought it would. We may end up with Acoustic afterall lol

2 Likes

This forum is slowly moving away from [electric skate].news towards [every skate].news

The e is changing…

Eeeeeeeeeeee

I take skate as a verb, not a noun.

Skate a freaking horse down the street for all I care, you skated that damn horse.

2 Likes

But you can skate a skate…

Right. So when someone says “esk8” and is using a device you deem doesn’t resemble a skateboard, I argue its valid as long as the action of skating is still the main premise.

Euc - not skate
Scooter - not skate
Mountainboard - skate
Horse - skate

3 Likes

If you sit on a horse you’re not skating it. I would think you’d need to stand sideways on a horse to skate it.

Indeed. A horse could even surf a dolphin.

3 Likes