So this is probably the best DIY skate community ATM.

if it has at least one wheel and you can stand on it, it’s fair game as far as I’m concerned.

Maybe we need a category for it though. What are you guys thinking?

1 Like

my very first electric build was on a bustin yoface and i loved having that tail.

3 Likes

This, but more of an umbrella term, not a subcategory.

1 Like

skate

So what, no bonafide hoverboards? (the actual levitation kind)

A kicktail isn’t necessary for doing speed checks slide turns and slide stops. You just need a solid concave, good geometry and a good stance. and good parts.

You’re not wrong, but far from what what was being discussed.

We’re talking about the exact same thing I’m not sure where your confusion is my friend.

those aren’t analog, they’re electronic and usually involve gravitational repulsors, which don’t exist yet. Technically they’re an esk8.

2 Likes

Inb4 gas powered hoverboard

2 Likes

we now have an Analog Rides category, so fill it up with chopped beach cruisers and dropped trikes and sweet ass longboards because i love that shit.

7 Likes

edit: Oh shit you added it, let’s gooooooo I’m hype. Thanks @longhairedboy
btw where do I find it…?

2 Likes

when you create a new post just select it as the category.

2 Likes

It’s the last one in the list of categories when creating a thread.

When viewing all categories in general it’s the 12th from the top.

1 Like

I actually flipped the script on that one. Everyone assumes my analog setup is electric. It’s not, it’s just crazy efficient. Still has good bearings. I get a good 50-60 feet out of a couple kicks.

2 Likes

Am I allowed to make a pics and nothing else topic in the analog rides category? plzz

1 Like

If you do, make the name Analog Pics and nothing else or something. Make sure analog is at the start of the name, or people like me will see “pics and,” and stop reading and post there.

2 Likes

I’m not really in a position to tell you what you can or can’t create :man_shrugging:t2:

Is it allowed? Probably, don’t see why not, apart from the possible confusion with the main thread. Will it be used? We’ll see :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Hmmm, I made it, but I really don’t wanna confuse with the main thread, especially since it probably won’t be used as much.
Maybe I’ll put the emojis as :skateboard::framed_picture:
I hope it’s used… hell I’ll use it. I have a lot of skate pics and what not

1 Like

Sir, that’s a resounding yes. Nay, i DEMAND more pictures of people getting sideways or riding low, or riding high… or whatever they are doing under human power.

5 Likes

Damn LHB, you truly are one dope ass mf.

1 Like