SkyartPower.com Webstore (serious)

Testing going amazing.

I am going to change the angle so they are a bit higher of the ground

Efficiency is best I’ve ever had lol. But I am usualy on 8” rubber. 20w/mile! About 20 miles total of testing so far. These are an amazing ride. I really like the gearing/KV combo too, it lets you get real playful with the throttle

14s
173kv 2.6 gearing ratio
100amps motor
50 amps battery
Pretty quick set up :rocket::rocket::zap::zap:

Topped out at 40 but was on last 20% charge at that point. It will probably do 45-47mph loaded on full charge. Will make a video tommo.

For now a brief free roll clip

6 Likes

I’m 100% in the same camp. I dont need to be able to kick-push my mountain board haha. I just dont like my drivetrain to kick me off the front of the board when I let off the throttle quickly.

On my eMTB that’s currently using stock Hypertrucks with belts, I had to adjust my “negative ramping time” in VESC tool to keep it from trying to buck me if my finger slips off the throttle. I’ll be swapping to BN M1 AT drives soon, and I’m looking forward to better free roll.

(My belts are very tight because I’m a thicc boi, so my free roll on belts is pretty poor.)

5 Likes

kickpushing? laughs in 6.5:1 gear ratio gds

It’s definitely not that bad lol. I’ve had that kind of free roll with tight belts, these GDs are better than that for sure once the bearings are seated properly.

2 Likes

For sure not my experience, but also I don’t know if I’ve ever had this experience on any drivetrain tho.

1 Like

We’ll see how long the gears in those last when they come out

certainly longer than my plastic gears that took a shit after like 100ish miles

1 Like

Rode through some pretty dusty places today as you can see from my GDs

The bumper isn’t quite ready yet, so we are just going to abuse these to see what they can take. Hoping to put 10-20 miles daily untill something breaks.

Iniatial inspeaction after 20 miles

Not a spec of dust on the inside

Here is a tip this will work for some motors and some GDs

Add a bit of silicone to the motor wire exists, will help with dust ingress of GDs with similar construction

3 Likes

I mailed you something for that install :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Most can’t afford to spend so much, but I had a come to Jesus moment after my last failure, it gets expensive going to the ER, walking home sucks. What price do you put on reliability, and being truly happy in your spare time? I’m stretching to pay for mine ,Artem has been accommodating, EXCEPT when it comes to putting sub par parts on the build.
How much I have spent in failed boards, I don’t calculate as it’s embarrassing and depressing. I can tell you walking home in the cold and dark with expensive board in tow with a shit ton of gear,in that moment, I’d pay anything to be riding, not walking. I can’t wait to show off the results of my fiscal irresponsibility. Hell ever had a motorcycle habit? That is expensive. “It sounds like a toy,we are not riding toys”
I have no doubt that when all is said and done the money is well spent. My medical bills from failed board crashes would have covered my build. Now ,I ride the steepest shit I can because I have no common sense,or a healthy fear of crashing. If you ride in Florida, I guess it’s. No big deal. He offered to try to trim a bit of $ off here and there, I said no, if I don’t let him do his thang,meddle with the art, then I can’t really be confident. I had decided to sell it all on the side of the road(4 am 30 degrees, )trying to focus to not go into shock,and turn my active heating off)

Hell my broken thumb alone lost half the range of motion. It’s a investment in safety also.

Update I had a second surgery,so yeah quality board at this point,the ONLY WAY FORWARD for me,would have been cheaper in long run

3 Likes

Yes I agree, dick riding is not part of it.

I would be riding (riding a board not a dick, I opened the door, I know I’d have walked in with the joke)right now as I can’t sleep. My MetroboardX IS all good but Artem used some magic cleaning Katana on it, since it’s for sale I don’t dare, I’d never get it looking like new again. Just all the not riding, parting out failed boards, staying close to home just in case and the worst ,WORST PART is the creeping doubt. I do this because flat out on a hill I’m in the moment, no problems I have, dumb shit I’ve done matter, I don’t have time for it, I am exclusively in my happy place,100%. Having my happy place contaminated with things like, “better keep speed down in case it takes a shit, “that defeats the whole reason I’m here.

1 Like

Consider when you post an eBay add plugging your favorite builder at the bottom of your add, it’s free and drives traffic to them, they aren’t easy to find with a web search. Do it!

2 Likes

So are the part used all metal ( inside) or pom?
I ask this because on his website some drives make use of pom.
Why use pom unless you want it to be lighter compared to steel/ aluminum

1 Like

3Ds drives are something else
I don’t believe it’s Pom but is some plastic

The advantage of plastic is a couple things

1. quieter
  2. metal shavings don’t get into grease and stay there
  3. you can’t jam up

There are some others but gotta think of them

Also 3Ds drives are insane
I mean they just don’t break
People always complain about value and they are is expensive but I have had many drives of all sorts and all have needed maintenance every couple weeks
That’s except for 3Ds where I have had 2 boards with their drives and genuinely never touched anything
Opened one up around 1000 miles later and they were still well greased and in perfect condition
I have one daily ever with them and that was me destroying them while changing a motor
Even then 3Ds helped me out and custom machines a spare part for me and had it delivered to my house within a week

It really just annoys me when people bash good vendors who sell premium products and then complain about it
3Ds are making the best drives on the market and selling them to people who want the best and the newest

1 Like

Not Pom, forgot what it is, but it’s much stronger than Pom.

2 Likes

Oil-filled nylon.

And yeah, as much as I think other vendors are better at communication / support / price, most of my newer boards use 3ds drives because they’re easy to assemble and sound awesome. They’ve also gone through many design generations, which gives me confidence in their reliability.

3 Likes

I’ve been skating for more than 30 years but I’m pretty new when its comes to the esk8 scene.
Been new gives you a shit ton of information some good some bad.
Having said that when I look from a engineering standpoint I think 3d servisas has a beautiful line-up.
When you become older , risk factors just seem to weigh in more and also the time to recover takes longer.
I just started with BN but I have been glancing at 3D servisas . Still have so much to learn that why I love this board and the esk8 community.
Its good to debate about quality and durability and of course the finances that come with it.
I guess that only time will tell us how good a manufacturer is.

4 Likes

My boardnamics gear drives don’t sound like toys. Toys are made of plastic and there’s no plastic in these.

@Evwan You’re still waiting for those replacement gears when yours got warped from braking too hard right?

4 Likes

Yeah… 3ds has mostly ghosted me. I’ve sent them an email every other week asking if they can respond to any one of my messages and I’m not getting a response.

7 Likes

You should try buying more of their drives maybe they’ll give you that great customer service everyone’s talking about

5 Likes