SKP Magnetic proto - a race board (Magnetic RS+ prototype)

This sounds pretty cool, actually. Have you tried TKP’s yet?

1 Like

I have but not extensively.

I’d love you to try a set of the Savage TKP’s out, and give your honest opinion. As far as stability at speed, I feel they are better than any RKP’s I have ridden thus far.

8 Likes

yes

2 Likes

Are you planning to trek to esk8 con?

1 Like

you try hoyt’s trucks/a uav? @hoytkid hit 44 with 90a bushings pretty easily, and he’s no feather.

2 Likes

In my experience I preferred the savages over the rosas at speed

2 Likes

Rosas are about retaining turnability while increasing stability. Focused on a balance somewhere in between those two extremes. Not sure of many trucks as stable and turnable (at the same time with no adjustments).

3 Likes

Well I better get some wheels or figure a way to install some gear drives

1 Like

Ya, I will fly in Saturday to have fun with ya’ll, hopefully, then leave Sunday afternoon to get home for my daughters 22nd birthday.

10 Likes

Oh sick! Would love to try out your board!

1 Like

I think the trucks I have a great. I can do over 40 on them with green bushings no problem, I just want to explore improvements

Try playing with the rake and offset, there’s a ton of ways to make an RKP truck

3 Likes

I’ve never tried the Rosas but they look really cool, it looks like a ton of effort went into optimization. With how optimized they are, was all that built around a specific bushing duro or do bushings act kinda independently of the work you guys have done? I’m curious about how these feel for people on the opposite ends of the weight spectrum.

I’m 280lbs and Jackson is 180lbs. We can trade a UAV back and forth without even changing the bushing tension, much less the bushings themselves. YMMV.

6 Likes

What duro bushings come on the UAV?

Wild dude.

90a barrel barrel iirc. 100% certain about the hardness. Not 100% certain about shape

3 Likes

I am riding 90a barrels street side and 90a chubby boardside. For me personally this is ideal up to 45mph

2 Likes

eyy im working on it lol i was 170 lbs at avs when i hit 44mph it was stable for sure i feel like if i could go faster i would be fine