SKP Esk8 100mph build

Component 1 or many has arrived, this component is like one of the most important tho

8.5”x3” suuuuper balanced, smooth tires.

16 Likes

Could probably convince tomi to add an extra(s) layers of GF/CF for more rigidity if needed.

2 Likes

I think a little bit of flex is good, and I don’t know if I want CF as far as I can see CF is only good for blocking remote signals in our builds

Unless the board is made of full CF to save weight, I don’t see much point in adding it to wood, at least for my own builds

3 Likes

Ordered that new spintend, updated speed for 22s :rofl::+1::rofl:

8 Likes

I second that ballanced wheels and pulleys are crucial for high speeds.

1 Like

Steering damper on the rear.

3 Likes

I feel the same, I notice some RF blocking on the tb40. You can use more gf to achieve the same rigidity that CF gives. Weight isn’t an issue on most boards except jumpers.

2 Likes

Damn bro stay safe. this is no joke

2 Likes

Yeah this battery build will be intense

5 Likes

Lipos lots and lots of lipos.

1 Like

I actually just ordered some of these haha

2 Likes

Wait what exactly? The tires? :eyes:

Yeah yeah the tires, they looked really cool, I’m going to design a 3D printed hub for them and see how it goes

Fun side project more than anything

3 Likes

Damn this is insane, looking forward to following along.

2 Likes

Ha I had the exact same experience! I saw the title and thought “ohhhh here we go again” But then I saw that @Skyart was OP and I instantly thought “ok phew, ya gonna follow this!”

12 Likes

So much confidence in me :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy::dizzy_face: thanks everyone, I hope I don’t disappoint

Looks like my motors got shipped today too…BIG package coming in a few days!

14 Likes

The stiff flex level should take good care of you… unless you weigh over 225 lbs.

I’ve been experimenting with thick cf layers combined with bamboo recently and like the result. It has higher tension than fiber-glass… but it sure does cost a lot more. You would probably enjoy the CF version of my deck just a touch more than the one that only has fiber-glass… but I don’t know if you would like it $150 more.

5 Likes

I don’t mind paying extra. So I weight 190lbs and the board will likely have about 50-60lbs of stuff on it. What do you think? Or is it too late in the process to make any changes

2 Likes

It’s not too late. The easiest way would be for me to refund you and then you just do the purchase again. Since you’re going after extreme speed, the CF could be a good investment.

6 Likes

Such an interesting project! I love people who push the limits and this is certainly doing it

I’m looking forward for the next update!

1 Like