Skid Mark | Subsonic Century | Avio Gear Drive | 6374 220kv | Unity | 12s4p 40T | Haggy Bergs

Final Results:
Mario C. on SRB
Jason L. on SRB
Mike A. on Redember/DIYvolve Rat Rod

I came in after Mike. Absolute blast of a Race. So chaotic it was almost peaceful :call_me_hand:

16 Likes

That looks like an insane race!

Jason passing on a stooge board puts things in perspective tho, I like the timing of the music

9 Likes

How fast were you going up?

How fast were the SRB team going up?

@Tello1969 I saw your board going off road there. I guess some shrubbery kept it from tumbling all the way down?

4 Likes

Should have put wings on that Evo at 1:53. Was the board ever found in one piece?

3 Likes

I was topping my board out on those pulls down the straights 37/38Mph Had it pinned. Stabilized video doesn’t do the sketchy-ness justice. Road would tend to put you wherever it wanted.

10 Likes

Like @esk8manbabes guessed. There was a homie of a shrub that decided to catch Sams board for him :call_me_hand: he did have to climb down off the road a bit to get to it though :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Is the man himself okay? No serious injury I hope.

2 Likes

Bumps and bruises. I ended up wiping out at full speed coming back down the hill on final straight away

Camera hit so hard memory card popped out and lost the footage

Aftermath:

Whoops

21 Likes

Some people feel it is too much when they see me wearing a motorcycle jacket, full face helmet etc riding my boards.
Little do they know that they may make the difference between getting up, dusting yourself and continuing to ride to ending on a hospital bed for a long time.

16 Likes

Mount ripped the paint right off your helmet. Hope you didn’t ring your bell too hard!

2 Likes

Hope you’re ok dude. Any injuries though?

2 Likes

He will be fiiiine.

9 Likes

Neck sure is tight today. Gotta pay to play this fun game :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

Backs/ shoulder is sore but it was worth it

12 Likes

@KfromtheBay what is the ratio on those avio gear drives you are using?

With 220kv and 6inch pneumatics you go really fast uphill.

1 Like

I enjoyed this thread. Really really nice job. I’m stealing stuff from this thread for sure :slight_smile:

eboosted site says 12s4p 21700 (3.6v * 12 * 4 * 4ah == 691.2wh) or 13s5p 18650 (3.6v * 13 * 5 * 3ah == 702wh) it’s so close! mooch discharge is 25A for 40T, 20A for 30Q – both packs would be 100A. What leaned you toward 40T? I’m guessing the 40T might have a bit more poke, but 13s…

Aren’t stock Kahua 50deg? Why the caliber 50?

1 Like

The stock kahua baseplates have a set kingpin and it’s only long enough to run the haggy bushings which are garbage. So to upgrade to Riptide bushings you had to get a new baseplate.

5 Likes

Riptide has the street and short street series so you definitely don’t need new baseplates

9 Likes

Ah we never considered that lol :rofl: guess you just need new baseplates for normal barrels, canons etc.

3 Likes

Oh shit I cranked the hell out of my Kahua/riptides to fit it on…

6 Likes