sk8tedad's cave of BS no build here

i may try one, i just ordered a downhill longboard(ahla Josh Neuman style). I have insomnia, so ill take it out at 3 am the first time. One more board with surf adapter is an excuse for another toy, i used to surf and snowboard,so im sure ill love it

i like that deck!

Ok, its 7:00 im going to go try taping the loop at night, i might tape my phone to my hand, i am worried about dropping it

It is just a generic deck used by a chinese esk8 company :rofl: Completely flat too. My new build has a deck where the trucks are still level with the standing platform, but it has a concave which I think will be better for turning? The only board with concave I have is a skateboard which I don’t really like so I have no comparison currently

1 Like

You can have my old GoPro!

1 Like

I have one I can bring it next time we meet up

2 Likes

sweet,ill buy you lunch some , Artem has done enought for me already!
i think we are riding on the 19th, its sunday, im going to drag my kids out of bed early and take them home before i come so im not rushing home/feeling guilty.(the enormous fuckers had better take care of me when im oldER.)

1 Like

Ill shill for you
also in retrospect taping my phone to my hand was a bad idea, the footage sucked, and if id fallen id not have been able to sall for help, it made me slow and nervous, i looked at the footage after 5 miles and gave it up, also it was cold!

1 Like

*RAMBLING spelling error damn it.

Kidding, I think this post is going to give @rafaelinmissouri a run for his money.

Cheers.

1 Like

what wheels are those? are they thane? im waiting impatiently for my SKP thane build. I love this deck, id love to be able to have another with urathane wheels

2 Likes

I was going to buy a few “cheaper” prebuilt boards for my urathane board BUT cheaper is subjective. I KNOW im not killing a SKP board,plus i can bring it to the shop an hour away, AND im happier to know my money is going to a small builder and his family. So is 400$ more really more money over the long term, not in my opinion, think of it as an extended warrenty. I hate walking home with a heavy board in the dark, wearing 30lbs of gear. ONE walk of shame and id pay hundreds to not be walking because either i have no signal, or my GF will not wake up. Uber is not comming to the middle of nowhere, no street lights or buildings around at 3am, i made it happen 1 time, they messaged me saying WTF? i offerd a tip and assured them no robber would burden them self with all this crap to weigh them down. He was a 75 year old african americam gentelmen with a town car,on those roads in the dark, we toped out at 20 mph, but it beat walking and the conversation was awsome.

2 Likes

They are the MAD wheels.
Super sweet dude.

2 Likes

Damn lol yeah I sure as hell would be sketched out to if I was the driver. Glad to hear you were able to still get scooped up.

1 Like

I misspelled user name 3 times in the title

My girlfriend is a lawyer for merceds Benz I’m sure she is horrified every time I write something, funny thing is we met when I posted an open letter to Craig’s list

I only remeber writing “i dont care what you look like if people dont think you are intilligent ,please don answer my add” There is nothing more unattractive than stupid,well maybe vapid .

Smart is sexy!
Oh wait… smart and um well, and the combo of being fast on an esk8 and digging holes for a living is sexy too.

2 Likes

But for a 10th grade education from Louisiana, I’m doing ok

1 Like

My board was only $400 before shipping back in 2020. Add another ~$60 for a new ESC and remote after killing the OG, $270 for a new battery after I killed the warranty replacement battery and the original, and then some amount for a new deck and the surf adapter after it was run over by a car. maybe around $250?

I’d say it was barely worth it overall. If they had a sale or just used better battery cells then it would 100% be worth it, but I completely drained the first pack in less than 6 months of use. :scream: Current battery has over a year of heavy use in the TX heat and is just now showing signs of a lower capacity. Still way more than enough left to get another year of use out of it.

So much maintenance though to keep the hub motors on it alive

1 Like

I dont dare admit how much my board cost,not in wrighting, not anywhere.(if my girl friend ever sees this,honey its much less than a Coach purse,i swear) But i have a LOT of miles on it,its better than drugs. Man i wish skyart sold dime bag Esk8s!

I will say i basicly replace motorcycles with esk8s and ive been beating the boards like a motorcycle ever since.

1 Like

interesting, i was not aware of these. I really want someone to make a guide kinda like the weed maps model(i heard about this from a" friend") that refrences in particular small builders for batteries, boards etc, but also smaller brand accessories.
Imagine being able to open an app that is searchable and has a map you can see all the builders and suppliers plainly.

Unfortunately this map would show that skyart moved from oalkand to Lodi(WHY ARTEM,WHY?!?!? :smiling_face_with_tear: :face_with_head_bandage: :pleading_face:)

3 Likes

I’m very lucky in where I live. I got divorced at 38 against my will. Dating at my age is easy enough to meet people on line but quality people is a different story. Not only is my GF awesome, but her house is fantastic.
This is 1 of the 2 creeks that come together in a y and continue. I built bridges and a 60x 90 rope spider web for my stepdaughter over the creek , eventually my kids enjoyed it too. We lost the bridge in the storm. It’s is the creek at normal and monsoon.

3 Likes