Show me your top mount Enclosure [Wiki]

Ooh that looks interesting but I’ve got a bigger top mount box so it would need to be a good bit longer.

2 Likes

Just link two or three straps together. I think with those straps I linked, you would have enough length to work with.

2 Likes

Here’s how far one of the Onetigris straps will get you, so two should fit just about any size box. This Apache box is a little over 4" tall, for reference.

1 Like

Perfect example, thank you

1 Like

edit: giant spec list moved to the 1st post

14 Likes

Cross-posted for reference

1 Like

Bookmarked so fuckin hard.

1 Like

You make me blush <3

@Venom121212 idk just spitballin’ here, if you want to make this a wiki, we could throw all this data up there and leave the rest of the thread for photos of actual installs

1 Like

Done and done!

2 Likes

Nice list! Thanks for doing all the hard work. :+1:t3: :clap:t3: Bookmarked. And in the price wars, it looks like Apache/Harbor Freight comes out on top. I’ve got like 5 of the Apache 1800 boxes for various things, and they seem plenty durable and capable for our uses. Plus, there’s a lot less anxiety when it comes to drilling and cutting out holes, cause if you mess up, you’re only out $13 instead of $40-50+.

4 Likes

Here’s my first single drive build using Harbor Freight’s Apache enclosure housing @TheRef’s 10S3P P42A pack and a Pelican 1040 case for the VESC6:

14 Likes

Modular multi-BMS 12S6P 21700 (2x 12S3P Molicel P42A). Lighter 12S2P 18650 (samsung 20S) packs in progress for even better jumping next season.

23 Likes

10 Likes

nice

1 Like

Keep in mind that you’re probably blinding people with your lights

Screenshot_20211023-164237

3 Likes

Your standard trampa massive monster box with a 15mm printed riser.

13s9p 21700 stuffed inside

6 Likes

They’re muted with dark film.

1 Like

3d printed walls with slide in 6mm hex standoffs. Send cut send aluminum plates. ESC and 8Ah of lipos all inside. External balanced charged.

Old photo, but it’s held up pretty well all summer to abuse.

9 Likes

3D printed boxes with wooden bottom. The lids and hinges are also 3D printed. The battery box contains 8x5000mAh LiPos (4S2P) that are externally balance charged, so a set of 3D printed thumbscrews are used to quick swap them. On top of the PETG walls there’s a TPU gasket so the thumbscrews have something to press on, reduce rattling noises and prevent moisture from getting in.

13 Likes

That looks really nice! I would love to see the hinges and thumb screws in action!