Show me your top mount Enclosure [Wiki]

Love that box! link?

Barely fits my 22,000mah 7s lipos but 6s should fit easily

3 Likes

10 Likes

You fellows using the tie down straps instead of inserts… Link me a strap you like!

I’m guesstimating 26" is about what I’m after. Ratchet or velcro? Planning on using a non skid sheet under it.

These are pretty burly and useful. I’ve got one of the Onetigris straps holding up a 10s3p battery/enclosure under a board, along with the TFY elastic strap to provide some tension, so should also work well for a top mount.

2 Likes

Ooh that looks interesting but I’ve got a bigger top mount box so it would need to be a good bit longer.

2 Likes

Just link two or three straps together. I think with those straps I linked, you would have enough length to work with.

2 Likes

Here’s how far one of the Onetigris straps will get you, so two should fit just about any size box. This Apache box is a little over 4" tall, for reference.

1 Like

Perfect example, thank you

1 Like

edit: giant spec list moved to the 1st post

14 Likes

Cross-posted for reference

1 Like

Bookmarked so fuckin hard.

1 Like

You make me blush <3

@Venom121212 idk just spitballin’ here, if you want to make this a wiki, we could throw all this data up there and leave the rest of the thread for photos of actual installs

1 Like

Done and done!

2 Likes

Nice list! Thanks for doing all the hard work. :+1:t3: :clap:t3: Bookmarked. And in the price wars, it looks like Apache/Harbor Freight comes out on top. I’ve got like 5 of the Apache 1800 boxes for various things, and they seem plenty durable and capable for our uses. Plus, there’s a lot less anxiety when it comes to drilling and cutting out holes, cause if you mess up, you’re only out $13 instead of $40-50+.

3 Likes

Here’s my first single drive build using Harbor Freight’s Apache enclosure housing @TheRef’s 10S3P P42A pack and a Pelican 1040 case for the VESC6:

13 Likes

Modular multi-BMS 12S6P 21700 (2x 12S3P Molicel P42A). Lighter 12S2P 18650 (samsung 20S) packs in progress for even better jumping next season.

23 Likes

10 Likes

nice

1 Like

Keep in mind that you’re probably blinding people with your lights

Screenshot_20211023-164237

3 Likes