Show me your custom enclosures

If I had time to learn, forged carbon fiber is definitely one that interests me a lot. Niiiice work.

3 Likes

Is that the wolfshark? Mine just got in today and the fucker looks brand new @.@
Is that enclosure repeatable? :eyes:

1 Like

Yes and yes :grin:

1 Like

Thats what i wanted to hear ayyyyy~

1 Like

Did you get that finish off the bat? I need your mould making wizardry skills.

My first crack was a learning experience. Should have definitely spent more time on the mould. Another sand and some high build and flat black I’ll get a decent finish but I wish it didn’t look like an upside down baking tin :sweat_smile:

Got a few laughs for this but the idea was to shape the mould to the deck with the lokton tape which worked, but I then realised the deck was pretty flat anyway

Anyone able to design a cool STL for a printed mould maybe?

Its solid as hell, not feeling the look but learnt a lot for next time.

Will have another go once I get this thing running.

7 Likes

Mine came out of a female mold, so the process is a little different.

The photo above is after a quick wetsand and paint, but nothing strenuous, thats pretty much how it came out of the mold

Using a timber mould?

The female mold was fibreglass, the original male buck was MDF iirc

1 Like

20 Likes

That looks slick, RIP anything in your workshop within spitting range of all that dust :pray:

1 Like

Mbs comp95 enclosure

Onsra enclosure

10 Likes

I wondered why i couldn’t find my wolfshark enclosure project here, I knew I had documented it somewhere.

4 Likes

Just had a read through that and it’s a great resource for enclosure building. Would be good if you could copy it over to here?

On a side note, one thing i think is missing from this forum is a central wiki with everything to hand. There is so much knoweldge and expertise dotted about but it’s hard to find the information you need without digging and asking questions which can be intimidating for newcomers.

4 Likes

Also here is my custom enclosure. Build log here

6 Likes

That sounds like way too much work :sweat_smile:

Also too much work :rofl:

1 Like

First attempt so be kind. Custom enclosure and heatsink that I made for a deck swapped BKB duo.

You can see it’s already had it’s official first scar.

This is a dual stack I also made to re-use an existing 10S3P and I also made a single stack enclosure which I’ll be switching to when I get an upgraded battery at some point.

16 Likes

How’d you make the enclosure? It looks great!

2 Likes

That’s fucking mint for a first attempt! Well done! Is it fibreglass?

8 Likes

Thank you, this is very high praise coming from you Al. I’m very humbled by your skills and actually went through your tutorial before attempting this as I was very intimidated at first as it was my first time working with fiberglass also.

3 Likes

Glad I could have helped! You should be proud, looks like a great result!

2 Likes