Show me your custom enclosures

I used foam to make the shape for the enclosure and then fiberglassed over it while on the deck. I finished it off with some black spray paint over it and hide some imperfections.

I used a wood file to take of the bottom of the foam to get a perfect fit for the curves of the board and then for the front I added small strips then cut with a foam cutter and shaped until I was happy.

This was how it looked before the paint.

I made it very thick as it was my first attempt and I wanted it to be solid. I reckon I could rail slide this thing lol. 11 layers of 320 gsm fiberglass cloth, approx 5mm thick.

19 Likes

Geez you nailed that dude

5 Likes

Holy fuck dude :rofl: really nice job, thanks for the process pics :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

You’ve done an incredible job and make it look so easy! Well done mate, the enclosure alone is a huge success

6 Likes

Thank you all for the positive comments. I can’t help but feel that I’ve only barely scratched the surface of this hobby when I see all your inspirational builds.

I look forward to diving further in to diy and vesc further down the line.

At the moment I’m still enjoying my very lightly modified Ownboard Zeus pro and the deck swapped BKB duo but I can see that the more I tweak these 2 the more I want to do lol.

5 Likes

Start an enclosure business. The Australian and The Big Brit left a huge hole in our industry and you knocked it out of the park first go :rofl:

Apparently fiberglass enclosures are a curse though. Seems like every master closes shop within a few years.

4 Likes

The Peruvian master still going strong!!!

5 Likes

Wow, If that was your first time, can’t wait to see a full DIY build you come up with.

6 Likes

Made a bustin box. Now I’m just fuckin around and finding out how long it takes to pop 5065’s @16s

10 Likes

See my enclosures of our mountinbords:

7 Likes

Is that an eq36? Enclosure looks hot dude!!!

1 Like

3 Likes

Sure is man. It’s been a fun board even with the Lycaon running gear. Just gotta figure out how I’ll dial the trucks in now. Whether I just wedge and dewedge or get a set of split plates.

1 Like

Its a fuckin sweet deck, i swapped one onto my Raptor 2 back in the day :joy:

1 Like

Do you have any tips for making a double stack enclosure for hummie deck? I see that you made a single.

I have some pics of how I made one, over here:

Thanks

Buying one from Alan at Eboards Peru is probably the easiest and cheapest way to get one that looks good.

He makes a mixed stack one.

2 Likes

I saw that one when I was looking around. Your right about the cheapest and easiest, but I like the motor wire covers like bigbens enclosure, so I may as well learn how to make one, even if it will take loads of time and probably will look horrible.

1 Like

I may be lucky, but my first go went alright, the most surprising part for me was how close to cost eboosted enclosures were to my enclosure build. Shits expensive :sweat_smile:

Used a tayto enclosure as a mold after i realized the concave was way off, with plastercine to smooth out hard angles and fill any holes, and if i factor in cost of the initial enclosure, im at a loss compared to an eboosted. :sob: i did skin my deck first for practice also. I would recommend reading all the enclosure threads, and prep. your ass off

1 Like